HMS Avenger

Graham's Coalition Universe stuff
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

HMS Avenger

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Following the success of the Askad-Travine class, AG systems began finding more and more applications on warships
of both the Turgran and Human Empires. By the 2640s both were prepared to embard on a full AG warship. The
Human Empire managed to steal a rare lead on the Turgran Imperium , launching the destroyer HMS Avenger in 2649.

Avenger was a revolution in warship design. No rotational hull, the pressure hull was a simple six deck "brick".
In place of the spherical fuel tanks used by the Humans or the toroidal tanks used by the Turgrans, the Avenger had
four large "plug and go" tanks. The tank structure equalled the rest of the ship, making them highly damage resistant.
Avenger's drive systems were evolutionary rather than revolutionary. The repellor was a six spine model capable
of accelerating the ship at 75 standard gees, while the sextuple sail allowed an FTL speed of 300 x c.

The ship had 78 heavy missile tubes, carrying the Alvan-1 missile. twelve 90 GW gamma ray laser cannon were mounted,
while point defence was provided by eight octuple launchers.

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

It doesnt look as different as I was expecting it to when Gravity came to play. It still looks very similar to the old ships. But then I guess just because you can change a design doesnt mean you have to.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.