Dean Devlin On His Return To Stargate

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Dean Devlin On His Return To Stargate

Post by Nutso »

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2014/06/d ... -stargate/
“We did the original Stargate as an independent movie. It was a surprise success. Shortly before the movie came out, the financiers who were frightened the movie might not do well sold the film to MGM. When the film came out, it was a hit and spawned TV shows.

“Of all the projects I’ve ever done, Stargate is the only one from the beginning intended to be a trilogy,” Devlin continued. “We always wanted to do parts two and three, but the thinking was they didn’t want to do anything other than the TV series. So literally for 20 years I’ve been chasing this project.”

“Twenty years later, we can’t really do part two,” he said. “We have to start over from the beginning. So let’s reboot the series, put in all the things we couldn’t the first time, and set it up properly.”
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Dean Devlin On His Return To Stargate

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I like Dean Devlin's work on the TV show Leverage, and I still love the original Stargate film, so I'm exited about this. MGM wasn't going to wrap up the SG:1/Atlantis/SGU arc anyways.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Makes me a little nervous. I liked the TV shows and the way they took the Universe, Devlin didn't. So this "Reboot" feels like a way for him to turn Stargate back into what he wanted it to be from the beginning by just overwriting anything he didn't like.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

He can reboot it to whatever form he wants as long it has a Stargate and it is actually good.

Actually, the show should be good should come first.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Rob Pattinson as Ra!
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nutso wrote:Rob Pattinson as Ra!
Well...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939