PETA to Pet Shop Boys: Rescue Shelter Boys, perhaps?

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: PETA to Pet Shop Boys: Rescue Shelter Boys, perhaps?

Post by McAvoy »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Let's keep in mind that these people think animals are little people in fur coats.
Like they learned biology from Looney Tunes?
More like Disney. All animals in their mind will be like Bambi and Lion King.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I believe in humane treatment of animals.

That said, people against animal testing and eating animals or animal products are missing a lot of the big picture. How much agama and soy protein do people need to eat in order to not only survive, but thrive? Where is all of that going to come from? Probably chopping down rainforests for more cropland.

And on animal testing, who do they presume we should test drugs and products on, then? Prisoners?

In the end, it's fine to disagree on these positions; the people who drive me into a violent, carnivorous rage are the people who don't just hold those beliefs, they expect everyone else to, and harass anyone who doesn't.
It's not healthy for women to eat a lot of soy.

That being said, I was just reading a book about a woman that killed people by injecting them with bleach. Bleach gets absorbed by blood vessels so there is no way to detect it, it is determined by the condition of the body tissues that bleach was injected. The defense said that the comparisons were not accurate because the examiners were comparing the human victims tissue to animal tissue. The judge asked the attorney if he wanted people injected with bleach and if so there might be some ethical problems with that.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Exactly. It's the only way (currently) to get actual data without using people as test subjects.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Angharrad wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:I believe in humane treatment of animals.

That said, people against animal testing and eating animals or animal products are missing a lot of the big picture. How much agama and soy protein do people need to eat in order to not only survive, but thrive? Where is all of that going to come from? Probably chopping down rainforests for more cropland.

And on animal testing, who do they presume we should test drugs and products on, then? Prisoners?

In the end, it's fine to disagree on these positions; the people who drive me into a violent, carnivorous rage are the people who don't just hold those beliefs, they expect everyone else to, and harass anyone who doesn't.
It's not healthy for women to eat a lot of soy.

That being said, I was just reading a book about a woman that killed people by injecting them with bleach. Bleach gets absorbed by blood vessels so there is no way to detect it, it is determined by the condition of the body tissues that bleach was injected. The defense said that the comparisons were not accurate because the examiners were comparing the human victims tissue to animal tissue. The judge asked the attorney if he wanted people injected with bleach and if so there might be some ethical problems with that.
There was an argument that tofu which is a congealed white tasteless crap made from spy is good people even men despite having large amounts of eestrogen in it.

The soy plant itself is one of the worse crops you can plant. It sucks up all nutrients to grow it. The crop itself is not edible by nearly any animal including us. You have to process it which involves more energy and resources than any other crop to make it edible. That is before you make it into stuff like soy sauce, tofu or even imitation bacon bits.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

McAvoy wrote:The soy plant itself is one of the worse crops you can plant. It sucks up all nutrients to grow it. The crop itself is not edible by nearly any animal including us. You have to process it which involves more energy and resources than any other crop to make it edible. That is before you make it into stuff like soy sauce, tofu or even imitation bacon bits.
Exactly; people who insist that eating soy instead of meat is better for... well, anything, are uninformed at best and disingenuous if not ignorant.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
McAvoy wrote:The soy plant itself is one of the worse crops you can plant. It sucks up all nutrients to grow it. The crop itself is not edible by nearly any animal including us. You have to process it which involves more energy and resources than any other crop to make it edible. That is before you make it into stuff like soy sauce, tofu or even imitation bacon bits.
Exactly; people who insist that eating soy instead of meat is better for... well, anything, are uninformed at best and disingenuous if not ignorant.
Well I have noticed that they base their figures on meat eaters eating excessively. So they base the unhealthy part of their studies on the worse part vs. the healthiest vegan diet.

Gee I know who will have better results. A healthy for vegan vs. A excessive eating meat eater
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

:lol:
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

:laughroll:
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Okay, correct grammar for the win. :D
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I am confused...
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

McAvoy wrote:I am confused...
One would be considered confused. :happydevil:
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

:laughroll:
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Still confused.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

McAvoy wrote:Still confused.
It's amusing because the whole exchange is just an over-long train to say "I shit you not" in the most unnecessarily formal way.

At least, that's the way I can best explain it. Anyone have any better attempts?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."