Great Moments in History

Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Great Moments in History

Post by Coalition »

What I would prefer is a game where each of us can make our orders independently of each other, and only have to post the results. this allows players that work different hours to still participate.

On the alternatehistory.com forums, there was a Space Tycoon game, where each of us was responsible for running our own space company. The only thing necessary to post was the end of 'turn' accounting reports, showing income, expenses, launch orders, research, possessions, etc. If two players/companies want to make an arrangement (one builds launch vehicles, the other builds solar power satellites, and they trade the results), that is handled via PM, and notes are added to the turn orders.

Essentially a PBM/PBeM game, rather than MMORPG stye.

(I am trying to find the rules for a PBM/PBeM game where you were the ruler of a country. You could specialize your units, do research, etc, and all battle was done on the moderator's end. Trying to find it to run a X-Com style War against the Chtorr type game.)
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

That's how these battles work. send you orders in independant of everyone else, and Teaos runs it once everythings in and posts it.

As for ruling a country, the old SIM games worked on a PBeM system as well where turns were submitted weekly and the GM would turn everything over and submit a turn report.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Lt. Staplic wrote:That's how these battles work. send you orders in independant of everyone else, and Teaos runs it once everythings in and posts it.

As for ruling a country, the old SIM games worked on a PBeM system as well where turns were submitted weekly and the GM would turn everything over and submit a turn report.
And those old SIM games were what made me become a member, after years of behind the scenes stalking.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."