Fan Designer

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Fan Designer

Post by DarkMoineau »

The originality of the Odyssey isn't visible on the shot I have give to you. Look that one:

or that pic
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Meh, still looks like a Sov rip-off, every Ent has been significantly different to the last, the smallest change being between the Ambassador and the Galaxy, that is even less change.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

It was the result of a contest of fan design like the Titan.

The real originality was the use of two necks.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I don't see the point of having those side necks. Even if that ship is 1 km long than even the thickness wouldn't be that great.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

The explanation is about slipstream drive efficiency.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

DarkMoineau wrote:The explanation is about slipstream drive efficiency.
:Q
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

DarkMoineau wrote:The explanation is about slipstream drive efficiency.
Yeah and my little 'spoiler' on my car is to keep my car on the ground when I go fast.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Well, I was very doubtful at the beginning, when I played the USS Odyssey on his maiden flight (Anniversary mission) but when I reached the level 50 and my level 40 Sovereign showed some weakness and I start using it as I earned it, I start liking him more and more. Not a love at first sight but I have more and more tenderness for my USS Discovery, probably like Kirk with Ent-A or Picard with Ent-E. ^^
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

McAvoy wrote:I don't see the point of having those side necks. Even if that ship is 1 km long than even the thickness wouldn't be that great.
It "Reduces the slipstream wake" or whatever the hell that means.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Ehh. Well at least he made something up to explain it SK he can keep the 'cool' factor as opposed not saying anything.