Re: Transformers

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

God I fucking hated Devastator in ROTF. :madashell:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Transformers is really a "turn your brain off and just enjoy the giant robots blowing shit up" series of films. When taken that way, and with a good helping of humor and beer, they are fun films.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

One thing that I noticed about the movie was the continuity error with using the same guy over and over. Long Haul (the dump truck) was part of Devastator but he also popped up fighting the Autobots while Devastator was ripping apart the pyramid. I noticed that sort of thing a couple times.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Jim wrote:One thing that I noticed about the movie was the continuity error with using the same guy over and over. Long Haul (the dump truck) was part of Devastator but he also popped up fighting the Autobots while Devastator was ripping apart the pyramid. I noticed that sort of thing a couple times.
Just two different 'Cons sharing the same body-type, probably. Happens all the time. Skywarp, Starscream and Thundercracker in G1. Comes from recoloring the same toy molds for maximizing profits from them.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Deepcrush wrote:Transformers is really a "turn your brain off and just enjoy the giant robots blowing shit up" series of films. When taken that way, and with a good helping of humor and beer, they are fun films.

For me it would be that way if the damned humans weren't so annoying. They dont shut up. You just have to keep listening to their annoying voices.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nickswitz wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:Transformers is really a "turn your brain off and just enjoy the giant robots blowing shit up" series of films. When taken that way, and with a good helping of humor and beer, they are fun films.

For me it would be that way if the damned humans weren't so annoying. They dont shut up. You just have to keep listening to their annoying voices.
They are also idiots too. I also can't stand some of the stuff the humans say, but I can tolerate it unlike those racist twins from the second movie.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I loved the twins to be honest and I don't recall them being racist... just stupid. The parents were fun for me too, they just really stood out for the "what the fuck is going on, I need a drink" while trying to put up with the end of the world.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Yeah, I didn't mind the twins either.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Deepcrush wrote:I loved the twins to be honest and I don't recall them being racist... just stupid. The parents were fun for me too, they just really stood out for the "what the fuck is going on, I need a drink" while trying to put up with the end of the world.
I didn't mean the twins themselves being racist just the way they were portrayed. But that is just an opinion.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

How where they portrayed as racist?
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Deepcrush wrote:How where they portrayed as racist?
Like I said just an opnion. Every time I hear them speak, it makes me cringe. It's the way they speak that makes them sound racist.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You've got so soft ears... :P
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Jim wrote:One thing that I noticed about the movie was the continuity error with using the same guy over and over. Long Haul (the dump truck) was part of Devastator but he also popped up fighting the Autobots while Devastator was ripping apart the pyramid. I noticed that sort of thing a couple times.
Just two different 'Cons sharing the same body-type, probably. Happens all the time. Skywarp, Starscream and Thundercracker in G1. Comes from recoloring the same toy molds for maximizing profits from them.
I understand that for the toys, but not in the movie. Old GIJoe toys did something similar but lest obvious. Many times the upper legs or the orms or some other smaller part was shared by a few figures, but not the entire mold like some transformers.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Jim wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
I understand that for the toys, but not in the movie. Old GIJoe toys did something similar but lest obvious. Many times the upper legs or the orms or some other smaller part was shared by a few figures, but not the entire mold like some transformers.
Yeah, works for the movie too. It's simply two 'Cons with the same body-type.