Torchwood

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

GrahamKennedy wrote:I would argue that it went back to when the machine was built. Otherwise we have to accept that the PM revealed aliens to the Human public... and Who seems highly reluctant to do that.
That attitude seems to be changing recently - between the Sycorax invasion, the Battle of Canary Wharf and the Ragnoss attack, there's a growing willingness to accept the fact that people are neither blind nor stupid, and will figure out that something fishy is up whether it becomes official or not. The point was brought up again in "Voyage of the Damned" - London was evacuated for Christmas because after the previous two years, and much drama in-between, people had twigged that it wasn't a safe place to be.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, it seems like people are finaly starting to realise that there's something out there.

Don't forget that everyone in London actualy saw an alien, when the Slitheen made the pig-alien-thing crash through Big Ben in a spaceship.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Not that I really care as I have a few friends of an atlernative lifestyle... but did Torchwood sudenly become the poster-show for bisexuality? Is Jack going to make out with a guy in every episode now?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Is Jack going to make out with a guy in every episode now?
What do you mean 'now'? He already does. :P
but did Torchwood sudenly become the poster-show for bisexuality?
I don't think so. The directors just seem to want to have some sort of implied sexual activities every episode.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:
GrahamKennedy wrote:The whole thing with the Master got reset, as I recall. And they didn't specify how far back it got reset. I just assume the trip to himalayas never happened.
As I recall it was reset back to the point when the Paradox Machine opened the main rift and let six billion Toclafane loose against Earth. Everything prior to that - the death of the US President, the arrest of the Jones, the Master's election, and the Master sending the numpties off to the Himalayas, remained intact.
I would argue that it went back to when the machine was built. Otherwise we have to accept that the PM revealed aliens to the Human public... and Who seems highly reluctant to do that.
To correct this, it actually went back to the point the US president was killed but before the Toclofane where brought through. That's stated by the doctor in the final episode.
email, ergo spam
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ah, so the population still know about the Toclafane?
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Rochey wrote:Ah, so the population still know about the Toclafane?
Yes, they must, otherwise why would the president go there to get shot. They would only know about the one or two that where seen in the office next to Saxon. The rest would not have arrived. It could easily be put down to a special effect if someone wanted to cover it up. That would however, leave you with the thought that the British Prime Minister killed the US President for no apparent reason, surely a cause for war.
email, ergo spam
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hmm, good point.