The Youtube video thread!

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: The Youtube video thread!

Post by Captain Seafort »

:lol:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Lighthawk wrote:So...I guess they don't have enough police officers in Edinburgh to spare one to come drag a deadbeat off a train?
Nope. They'd've turned up eventually, but given how low a priority one gobby fair-dodger is, coupled with the fact that the station they were at is apparently just outside Edinburgh, it would have taken hours. Simply chucking him off is quicker, simpler, and a lot less paperwork. The plod are investigating after gobby went whinging to them.
Sounds like the train could use a security guard then. The conductor was pretty much asking, without saying it directly, the rest of the passengers to help him get rid of the guy. As much as he deserved to get chucked off, having it done by a random passenger is just asking for trouble.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Lighthawk wrote:Sounds like the train could use a security guard then.
Why? For one gobby fair-dodger it's not worth it
The conductor was pretty much asking, without saying it directly, the rest of the passengers to help him get rid of the guy.
No he wasn't - he was simply asking gobby to get off his train, since he hadn't paid. The fact that the big guy offered to lend a hand, and that that offer was accepted, was simply an unlooked-for bonus.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Captain Seafort wrote:Why? For one gobby fair-dodger it's not worth it
Well I suppose it would depend on what kind of frequency this happens. Still there is something of a problem that the conductor's only recourse is to keep asking, and that police response can be measured in hours. I guess violence isn't a common occurrence on the trains there?
No he wasn't - he was simply asking gobby to get off his train, since he hadn't paid. The fact that the big guy offered to lend a hand, and that that offer was accepted, was simply an unlooked-for bonus.
He kept repeating "We wait here all night, I'm still getting paid" followed by comments about how the only people getting mad were the other passengers. If not a round about way of asking for someone to do something, it was at least quite a good way to egg someone on into action.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Lighthawk wrote:Well I suppose it would depend on what kind of frequency this happens. Still there is something of a problem that the conductor's only recourse is to keep asking, and that police response can be measured in hours. I guess violence isn't a common occurrence on the trains there?
Not particularly, and violence is a whole other kettle of fish from this sort of low-level yobbishness, and would provoke a considerably faster response.
He kept repeating "We wait here all night, I'm still getting paid" followed by comments about how the only people getting mad were the other passengers. If not a round about way of asking for someone to do something, it was at least quite a good way to egg someone on into action.
He was simply making the point that of the two of them the only one getting het up about the situation was gobby.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:The Scale of the Universe
Cool, I love how there's a beachball in there, bit random :)
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Invasion Earth (part 1 of the first episode)

wiki for the series.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Always liked that series. A very British bit of sci fi.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

ImageImage
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Wouldn't that be more suited to the music you like thread? I agree though, I do like that song.
Bite my shiny metal ass
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

I didn't know there was a music thread. I'll go post it there now.
ImageImage