From iPad to... iPADD!

Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

From iPad to... iPADD!

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

CBS interactive has launched an official Star Trek iPad app. :mrgreen: (it seems to be iPad-exclusive due to screen size constraints)

The information isn't as detailed as Memory Alpha or probably even... DITL...(basically copied from StarTrek.com according to the reviewer) but the kicker is that it's all presented in an LCARS interface - complete with Majel Barrett voiceovers.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews/20 ... ad-app.ars

Since it's priced at $4.99 for a rather gimmicky app, it won't be worth the cost to most though.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: From iPad to... iPADD!

Post by Nickswitz »

I almost want to get it....
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I got a Tricorder App for my Android. And a widget that says "Khaaaaaaaaan!" when I press it.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Seems cool, but ultimately a little thin, compared to DITL or MA.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

I think I'll hold out for real Tricorders. :P