SFDebris: Dark Frontier

Voyager
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: SFDebris: Dark Frontier

Post by Captain Seafort »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Well, maybe IU the Federation thought the same way you did, Tyyr. That Picard was a special case due to circumstances and rapid recovery.
Understandable - Picard had only been a drone for a few days, and had undergone very limited surgery. He still had all his own eyes and arms, and Crusher was able to remove all his implants. Compare this to Hugh, who remained entirely Borg, and Seven, who remained dependent on many of her implants.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Well, maybe IU the Federation thought the same way you did, Tyyr. That Picard was a special case due to circumstances and rapid recovery.
Understandable - Picard had only been a drone for a few days, and had undergone very limited surgery. He still had all his own eyes and arms, and Crusher was able to remove all his implants. Compare this to Hugh, who remained entirely Borg, and Seven, who remained dependent on many of her implants.
I think Seven's case is the telling factor - she remained dependent on some of her implants, yet developed (or recalled) and independent, "human" personality and was finally able to function quite well independently of the Collective.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mikey wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:
I think Seven's case is the telling factor - she remained dependent on some of her implants, yet developed (or recalled) and independent, "human" personality and was finally able to function quite well independently of the Collective.
Yeah, but for her it took a while and she still had a mindset of a drone for a bit. Although to play Unicron's advocate she was assimilated at a young age. Who knows how old Hugh was.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

The fact that it took longer to break her of her "drone" habits is, as you say, just a reflection of how long she'd been a drone and doesn't mitigate one iota the fact that she did return to her humanity.
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Yeah. I think I was trying to do a roundabout agreement there. Next time, I don't think I'll be posting on two hours of sleep after a day of work. :oops: :bangwall:
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I honestly think that more could be done with VOY than a throwaway line about the Borg honestly...
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Well, maybe IU the Federation thought the same way you did, Tyyr. That Picard was a special case due to circumstances and rapid recovery.

It is a damned shame, there.
The Federation certainly but Voyager has no reason NOT to think it can be done since they have Seven who was a drone for ~20 years. They kill her father without so much as a "meh."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Killing by the power of the plot.

Also Supreme Commander of Galaxy Janeway isn't a good example of what Starfleet would do.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

True, but we've seen supposedly cooler heads act exactly the same way.
as Bull offed Custer