Dragon Age II

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Dragon Age II

Post by Reliant121 »

1st person is far better for the aiming, as a reticle isn't provided for range combat in 3rd person (at least, not that I have found or noticed that is).
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

First person view gets me motion sick, and I hurl.

I played till 2:30 am last night, and I'm getting into the stories and missions. Not every subquest is an epoch, time consuming thing. Some are sort of simple.

But what I'm not liking is the regurgatated maps. Seems like Andraste and the Maker designed every cave in the world with the same basic map, and placed treasure in 90% of the same spots.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Mark wrote:First person view gets me motion sick, and I hurl.

I played till 2:30 am last night, and I'm getting into the stories and missions. Not every subquest is an epoch, time consuming thing. Some are sort of simple.

But what I'm not liking is the regurgatated maps. Seems like Andraste and the Maker designed every cave in the world with the same basic map, and placed treasure in 90% of the same spots.
Pity about the motion sickness, I do believe the game was 'meant' to be played in first person so it works better imho. It can certainly take your social life away :)

Did you get game of the year edition with all the dlc or is it just the 'vanilla' version?
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Well I ended up renting out a copy of Dragon Age 2 and i've played about 11 hours - and its still pretty much meh for me. Glad I didn't spend €40 on it.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'm forced to agree. The companions are unremarkable......the sex scene is much more tame than in the original.....and the "mission" is all over the place. There are three seperate quests...mostly unrelated to each other. I'm hoping some of the DLC will plug some of the holes in the story when it comes out.

Anyone else try Dragon Age Journeys (online game-free) or Dragon Age Legends (facebook game)?

BTW....I found a couple of pretty cool glitches to juice up the old skill tree.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Yeah I found a simple glich that pretty much gives you limitless xp. Shoddy work if someone can find that on their first playthrough
On some side quests where you don't get a cut scene for, such as return a book or something to a npc, just stand still & repeatedly hit your action key (A on xbox). System just keeps giving you xp
The overall story just seemed blah. In the older game you had a definite objective - defeat the darkspawn & end the blight. In the new one its, em, its, wait a second its coming to me, its, ah. I'm not really sure to be honest other than gain power by doing quests. Now maybe I'm just weird but I prefer a game that has a definite goal - (Oblivion, find the heir, shut the Oblivion gates. Mass Effect - defeat Soverign/ Reapers defend the good guys. You get the idea), have as many side quests & ability to continue play after main goal is done as you like but you have a clearly defined goal from day 1 or quite frankly I loose interest/ cease to care about characters and just consider playing the game a chore.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

No...I feel you.

The intro is to GET to Kirkwall. Fine.

Act 1 is to get enough cash to fund the Dark Roads expidition, to stake your fortune.....ok.

Act 2 is to deal with the Quinari.....why???

Act 3 is to involve yourself in the war between Templars and Mages. Which is nuts, since the Templars are such douchebags, yet the Mages end up proving them completely right by doing exactly what they said they'd do!

The romances were VERY disappointing. Two guys and two girls are open for romancing...and they are all convieniently bi. It strikes me as forced. None of the characters have personality, (except Varric, who is worthy of part one)...Marill is retarded, Fenris is one dimensional...Anders is "different".

And they made like five maps for the entire goddamned game too!

Would anyone be willing to join my Dragon Age team on Facebook? I need friends to help me.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Mark wrote:Would anyone be willing to join my Dragon Age team on Facebook? I need friends to help me.
Afraid I've given up on facebook games. Too much time was spent doing very little
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Can you screw an elf chick and the pirate girl?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Unfortunately...it doesn't seem like it.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I find my interest waning.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

They released the first DLC.....unfortunately, it just seems to be an equipment pack.

I'm finding DA2 reminding me of Fable 2. A weaker version of an awesome original.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

With ME2 the DLC was about half serious content, half equipment or clothing packs. The good news is that some of the DLC missions were the best of the entire game, Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker. So I wouldn't worry about it to much. Equipment and clothing are just the easiest things to put out quickly and hopefully rake in some extra cash as people are starting to finish up the game.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Good point. I personally think they did a hell of a lot better with the DLC on ME2 than DA1 though. At least in ME2, it was all "involved" in the main story line in some way, or at least insofar as the exp and items were usable in the main campaign.

In DA1, they were little "stand alone" adventures, with some sort of special item reward (excepting the first DLCs wit the Keep and Shale). I'd have been so much happier with downloading new cities to investigate.