New Series 6/ Season 32 Trailer (May contain spoilers))

Griffin
Commander
Commander

New Series 6/ Season 32 Trailer (May contain spoilers))

Post by Griffin »

Link

Looks good.

My favourite bit:
Unkown Voice: Fear me, I've killed hundreds of timelords.
11: Fear me, I killed all of them
Also, at around 0:36 is the console room of 9's TARDIS, which is interesting.
Bite my shiny metal ass
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: New Series 6/ Season 32 Trailer (May contain spoilers))

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

That line kinda bothers me. He... didn't kill them. Time Locked them, but I don't think that counts as 'kill'. Badass as all hell, though.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:That line kinda bothers me. He... didn't kill them. Time Locked them, but I don't think that counts as 'kill'. Badass as all hell, though.
I think he was going for "badass" ;) .. I assume (not being all to familiar with the series myself) that when "Time Locking" them, he for all intents and purposes killed them?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Sonic Glitch wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:That line kinda bothers me. He... didn't kill them. Time Locked them, but I don't think that counts as 'kill'. Badass as all hell, though.
I think he was going for "badass" ;) .. I assume (not being all to familiar with the series myself) that when "Time Locking" them, he for all intents and purposes killed them?
No, they weren't killed when Time Locked. And yes, it is badass. I can forgive it when it's an awesome line like that. ;)
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The time lock only refers to the fact that you can't just hop around from a point in Gallifrey's relative past, during the war, to it's relative present. It's always been around, it just hasn't been as noticeable because Gallifrey's always been there.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Captain Seafort wrote:
The time lock only refers to the fact that you can't just hop around from a point in Gallifrey's relative past, during the war, to it's relative present. It's always been around, it just hasn't been as noticeable because Gallifrey's always been there.
Yeah, precisely.
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:
Yeah, precisely.
Remember in End of Time the Time Lady known as the Second said that this would be the end of the Time Lords, I think it ment that the Doctor Destroyed them and then the War was time locked. Also there have been several references made by both the 9th and 10th doctors saying that Gallifrey burned.
Genius insania et conseri manum
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I once played a Time Lord centric role playing game (think D&D but much better) when I had to come up with a good line to thwart the bad guys (time lords did not use violence unless they absolutely had to in our game) & my response was "do you know the things that go bump in the night? They go bump because they're panicking to get away from me, now get out of my way". My GM was very proud of me & so was I for my quick thinking, as was the Doctor in the trailer I think, not strictly true but a good line to work the situation out.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

colmquinn wrote:time lords did not use violence unless they absolutely had to in our game
:laughroll: Sounds like whoever wrote that needs to watch a few more serials of the original run.
my response was "do you know the things that go bump in the night? They go bump because they're panicking to get away from me, now get out of my way".
How long ago was this, and did you by any chance tell Steven Moffat about this line. Eleven's got a track record of similar "brags". One of the classics being "what do monsters have nightmares about?" "Me."
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

In any event, it sounds more like typical puffed-up Doctor-ish bravado cum typical Doctor-ish self-blame, rather than an intended statement of historical fact.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

New series starts tonight 6pm on BBC1. (I didn't notice it was on until someone pointed it out to me)
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!