SFDebris: Scorpion

Voyager
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: SFDebris: Scorpion

Post by Captain Seafort »

So, finally managed to get through the whole thing. Either Blip's slow or my broadband is play silly-buggers.

Excellent. Quite simply excellent. Not merely a good episode, but a great review. Not as good as TWoK, but that's no insult, and I think it's Chuck's best since TWoK.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The way he dissected Janeway's motivations for proceeding with the plan, namely that as a member of Starfleet she's ingrained with the idea that there's always a way to make it work, made her seem less batshit insane and more just driven. I always like when he nicely blends the comedy with some actual analysis like this.
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

Tyyr wrote:The way he dissected Janeway's motivations for proceeding with the plan, namely that as a member of Starfleet she's ingrained with the idea that there's always a way to make it work, made her seem less batshit insane and more just driven. I always like when he nicely blends the comedy with some actual analysis like this.

Agreed (for the most part she seems more like a driven captian instead of a raging psycho). I also loved how he pointed out the change in rolls for Janeway and Chakotay. Janeway becoming more like a rebel and Chakotay more the starfleet officer.
Genius insania et conseri manum
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I have to admit, that's how I saw her most of the time. Starfleet training, besides influences from the ever famous Kobayashi Maru (no win) ingrains a sense of "can do anything" attitude to its officers. She simply isn't quite as tempered or controlled in emotion as other captains we've seen. A starfleet never give up type, coupled with some pretty strong impulsiveness, gets you a Janeway.