Halo 2 PC ?

LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Halo 2 PC ?

Post by LaughingCheese »

I really enjoy Halo 2 on xbox but I still think I prefer a mouse to a controller, even though the Xbox/360 controllers are the best controllers ever made IMO.

I was just curious if anyone here plays or has played both and if you would also recommend Halo 2 PC.

I know it seems kind of redundant but I really enjoy Halo 2, Lockout is my favorite map. :p In fact Halo 2 is in my top 5 list. :mrgreen:

Thanks

LC
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Halo 2 PC ?

Post by Reliant121 »

I skipped Halo 2 in the series because I first got Halo: CE when I was really quite young. The flood used to give me horrific nightmares so I didn't get back into Halo until Halo 3 came on the 360 when I was a lot older. (12/13 at this time).

But I have tried playing Halo 2 quite recently. I found that the storyline seemed sorta...discordant and jumpy, it didn't seem as cohesive as the later ones. I still need to revisit Halo CE to see what thats like.

I always put a 360 controller in via USB.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

A mouse with always out perform a controller in aim and response. However the controller offers more fine control over movement.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Strangely enough, i can't aim with mice.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Most people can't handle the quick reaction and curacy of a mouse. Also, PC shooters do not (usually) have the millions of aim assists that Consoles do.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

stitch626 wrote:Most people can't handle the quick reaction and curacy of a mouse. Also, PC shooters do not (usually) have the millions of aim assists that Consoles do.
Halo 2 is the only game I know of that has aim assists, altho I don't know if BC2 has it on the console version.

Does the Halo 2 PC have aim assists ? That would be...interesting.

Does anyone play it anymore ? Tho I imagine if people still play Halo 1 they probably play Halo 2.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

LaughingCheese wrote:
stitch626 wrote:Most people can't handle the quick reaction and curacy of a mouse. Also, PC shooters do not (usually) have the millions of aim assists that Consoles do.
Halo 2 is the only game I know of that has aim assists, altho I don't know if BC2 has it on the console version.
If referring to consoles, almost every shooter since the PS2 came out has some form of aim assist (and most you don't even know are there). They range from obvious tracking assists (Battlefront) to the not so obvious tracking gravity (Halo III, Fallout: New Vegas).

PC games on the other hand tend to not use aim assists (except for the overkill tracking ones which are unnecessary). However, usually you can turn the annoying assist off. Haven't played Halo 2 yet, so I wouldn't know if it does or does not have any assits PC or otherwise.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

I tend to enjoy the 8-Bit Halo when I get bored.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)