Battlestar Galactica MMO?

Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Battlestar Galactica MMO?

Post by Coalition »

Played it, you need tylium to do FTL jumps. You can get it in the starting system, but it takes forever to scan each asteroid (one at a time) and use the mining gun to crack the asteroid. Tylium also serves as the base currency. Cubits can be bought using real money.

Traveling to other systems means you can run into Cylons, so while you are spending 2-3 minutes shooting at a Tylium asteroid, you have to break off quickly and kill a Cylon. The best idea is to run in a pack, where you have 1-2 running Raptors to scan asteroids, and Vipers to kill any malfunctioning sentry drones, or individual Cylon Raiders. The Raptor pilots might also mount a DRADIS scanner, to boost accuracy on a single target.

But the mining takes forever. If an asteroid has resources, it will be the color to of the resources to let you know (blue for water, yellow for Tylium, or purple for titanium). Water is high-value salvage, while titanium is used to repair your ship. If an asteroid doesn't have resources, it will have a red color for a moment, then revert back to base asteroid color. So you have no way of knowing which asteroids you have already scanned and had nothing.

Basically a massive time sink. You will be spending a lot of time scanning asteroids for tylium and titanium, with the rare water asteroids (hadn't spotted one outside the tutorial yet) for money.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I had a quick look last night. I was a cylon raider. Got bored pretty quickly to be honest. Don't think its the game for me.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

What kind of computer stats do you need?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Mark wrote:What kind of computer stats do you need?
I had WinXP SP3 2 GHz w/ 3 GB RAM, and Firefox 3.6.13. You do have to download a program to run the game, but you don't need admin access to run it.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)