What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:He has good taste. :)
Yeah, well, he's also eaten dog food, fir needles, and mulch.
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Hey, some dog food isn't terrible. I first tried it after seeing The Road Warrior when I was about three. To this day, I won't feed my dogs anything I haven't tried first. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

So, Google Chrome has stopped working for most of my sites, it just brings them up bad. It seems to not load them correctly, I'm not sure why, although I'm looking into very deeply. However for the time being I am using IE9 BETA, which I actually like a lot, it's snappy and it's polished, something that Microsoft isn't known for.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Hey guys, is there a way to use Task Scheduler to set my computer to do a AV scan at X time Y times a week?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Nickswitz wrote:So, Google Chrome has stopped working for most of my sites, it just brings them up bad. It seems to not load them correctly, I'm not sure why, although I'm looking into very deeply. However for the time being I am using IE9 BETA, which I actually like a lot, it's snappy and it's polished, something that Microsoft isn't known for.
Since Chrome updates itslef automatically in the background, might there be a bug in a recent update?

I've played with the IE9 beta myself -- it does have a very clean interface and seems quick, though I still do most of my browsing in the Firefox 4 beta, at least at home (the work computers only have IE8).
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Ha, I just got retweeted by Brent Spiner on Twitter :)
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

thelordharry wrote:Ha, I just got retweeted by Brent Spiner on Twitter :)
intriguing :wink:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Sonic Glitch wrote:Hey guys, is there a way to use Task Scheduler to set my computer to do a AV scan at X time Y times a week?
There is a way to do it, I just can't remember how to do it.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:He has good taste. :)
Yeah, well, he's also eaten dog food, fir needles, and mulch.
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Hey, some dog food isn't terrible. I first tried it after seeing The Road Warrior when I was about three. To this day, I won't feed my dogs anything I haven't tried first. :)
My parents love to tell people about the time they caught me eating dog food. They asked me if I was a dog and I woofed at them.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Well, ask a stupid question...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

My wife's just ordered her new car. It's a Honda Jazz (looking at the US Honda website they call it the Fit over there). It's about the size of a Ford Fiesta on the outside but a good 40% bigger on the inside. Yes, you guessed it, it's a Tardis :)

With a 98bhp 1.2l petrol engine it's very economical too. It claims 0-62mph in 12.5 seconds, 42.2mpg Urban, 60.1mpg extra-urban, 52.3mpg combined. OK, the 0-62's nothing compared with my BMW Z4 which does it in 5.9 seconds, but for a little 1.2 it's pretty decent.

email, ergo spam
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Great little cars, them.
USSEnterprise
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by USSEnterprise »

IanKennedy wrote: 42.2mpg Urban, 60.1mpg extra-urban, 52.3mpg combined.
Holy Crap :shock:
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

That's why our cars use smaller engines, so we can afford to run them :lol: . When petrol around here is about £1.20 (near enough $2.00) a litre, you need it. Plus, there are a lot of people that never ever go on a motorway. my own mother hasn't driven on one in years, besides once last year.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

It's about the size of a Ford Fiesta on the outside but a good 40% bigger on the inside.
If that were literally true Honda would have created a whole new physics. Maybe they're using it to make a warp drive right now... :P
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

That is not the Honda Fit. Close, but about 6 inches shorter (length) and better gas mileage... and smaller tires. That specific model is not available here.

Cute though.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.