Shall we get the ball rolling?

How should the Daystrom RP proceed from here?

Pick up right where we left off.
10%
Consider the current mission complete, but continue with the Dominion/GQ activity.
50%
Start fresh in a brand-new situation.
20%
By all that's unholy, will you just shut up and let this thing die?
20%

Total votes: 10
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Shall we get the ball rolling?

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:Define b*****d. I don't know that particular character of fiction. But either way, have you MET Dr. Watson Holmes???? :poke: :P
He's actually a real life character. Father of the Nuclear Navy. He was a terrible people person, had a penchant for watching Budgets quite closely, but knew how to get the best people on a project and have it be effective. You were either with him or against him, and it was generally his way or the highway, but he got shit done.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Ah, this guy is from that archtype I gave you?

He'll be up against some strong personalities on the Paladin, if he wants to argue with Captain Fletcher, and First Officer Mark.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Mark wrote:Define b*****d. I don't know that particular character of fiction. But either way, have you MET Dr. Watson Holmes???? :poke: :P
He's actually a real life character. Father of the Nuclear Navy. He was a terrible people person, had a penchant for watching Budgets quite closely, but knew how to get the best people on a project and have it be effective. You were either with him or against him, and it was generally his way or the highway, but he got s**t done.
There were precious few other people who could have gotten the Nautilus launched, though. His tight-ass ways also applied to safety engineering and quadruple-checks, and there was probably nobody else in all of the U.S. armed forces at the time who could have gotten a nuclear boat put together past all the atomic terror.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote:
Sonic Glitch wrote:
He's actually a real life character. Father of the Nuclear Navy. He was a terrible people person, had a penchant for watching Budgets quite closely, but knew how to get the best people on a project and have it be effective. You were either with him or against him, and it was generally his way or the highway, but he got s**t done.
There were precious few other people who could have gotten the Nautilus launched, though. His tight-ass ways also applied to safety engineering and quadruple-checks, and there was probably nobody else in all of the U.S. armed forces at the time who could have gotten a nuclear boat put together past all the atomic terror.
That's what I'm saying. He wasn't necessarily a great guy but he was good at what he did.
Mark wrote:Ah, this guy is from that archtype I gave you?

He'll be up against some strong personalities on the Paladin, if he wants to argue with Captain Fletcher, and First Officer Mark.
Yeah, I think he fits the bill of "embittered officer who won't be able to advance in rank." Rickover advanced in rank because he chose Engineering Duty Only, and had friends in Congress (otherwise he never would've made it to Admiral or stayed employed as long as he did). I'm thinking this guy lacks those friends, but had a few terrible command experiences (maybe he was XO once) before focusing on engineering, and doesn't like seeing that other engineers (like Sinclair on the Ravage) get promoted to command positions past him.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I added Kasper Nijhoff (Shran's old char) to the roll of the Daystrom - Stitch, lemme know if you're definitely playing him, and I'll paste his bio.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer