Deep Space Nine
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Your Fave DS9 Quotes

Post by Victory is Life »

Favorite DS9 Quotes:

My Favorite:

"You're always telling me that space is big. That it's an endless frontier, filled with infinite wonders."
"It's true."
"Well if that's the case, you would think it would be more than enough room to allow people to leave each other alone."
"It just doesn't work that way. It should. But it doesn't."

Joseph Sisko and Benjamin Sisko
DS9 / Far Beyond the Stars

"I am First Ometlkan, and I am dead.
As of this moment, we are all dead.
We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar.
Remember: Victory is Life!"

First Ometlkan
To the death

"This conversation never happened." (Ross reaffixes his Starfleet insignia) "You're dismissed."
Ross to Bashir
Inter Arma Enim Silent leges

Admiral Ross: Good luck, gentlemen - good luck to all of us.
Letant: Romulans don't believe in luck.
Martok: All the better! Leaves more for the rest of us.

Tears of the Prophets

Captain Sisko: The Prophets don't see me as a Starfleet captain. They see me as their Emissary.
Admiral Ross: That's the problem, isn't it? For the past six years you've tried to be both. And up to now I've been patient. I have indulged you, I have gone out on a limb for you many times. But this is it. You've got to make a decision. You are either the Emissary or a Starfleet captain. You can't be both.

Tears of the Prophets

I have more, including the one in my sig...
"You may win this war, Commander, but I promise you, by the time it's over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your "victory" will taste as bitter as defeat."
- Female Changeling
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Re: Your Fave DS9 Quotes

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

[The Boy who Cried Wolf]
"The point is, if you keep lying, no one will believe you when you will say the truth"
"Are you sure it's the point, Doctor?"
"Off course, what else could it be?"
"You should never say the same lie twice".
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

We should just start Quoting Gerek, its the easiest way to get the best.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Deepcrush wrote:We should just start Quoting Gerek, its the easiest way to get the best.

Good point. He was SUCH a great character, expertly played by Andrew J Robinson. Weyoun too...Jeffrey Coombs is EASILY one of my fave top ten actors, very underappreciated by us pinkskins...
"You may win this war, Commander, but I promise you, by the time it's over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your "victory" will taste as bitter as defeat."
- Female Changeling
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:We should just start Quoting Gerek, its the easiest way to get the best.
Yep. "I do apologise. You must be incensed. In fact, if I were in your shoes I would grab a bottle of champagne and shoot me." One of my faves.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I always liked Weyouns "Time to pack" in Sacrifice of Angels.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

He ended up as a decent tragic character, and had one or two decent quotes, but he was hardly overflowing with them, and didn't really have time given that he was only around for half a season. Besides which, what has Stargate got to do with DS9? :?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Captain Seafort wrote:
He ended up as a decent tragic character, and had one or two decent quotes, but he was hardly overflowing with them, and didn't really have time given that he was only around for half a season. Besides which, what has Stargate got to do with DS9? :?
Smartass.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Smartass.
And now, Tsu, I'd like you to meet Captain Seafort.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Mikey wrote:
Yep. "I do apologise. You must be incensed. In fact, if I were in your shoes I would grab a bottle of champagne and shoot me." One of my faves.
J'H: Stop where you are! (raise weapon)
Garak: Yes! Stop! give me your weapons! (take weapon) I can see everything is going according to the plan
J'H: Plan? What plan?
Garak: You mean they haven't told you? It's very simple: you see, I pretend to be on their side, and then I shoot you
[shoot]

(The fact that this was not a "real" Garak, but a figment of mental imagery created directly from the crew's perspective on him makes it only better)
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Yeah, that was a good one also. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

[before Dominion invasion of DS9]

Garak: You know it's ironic
Odo: What do you mean?
Garak: When the Klingons invaded the station, Dukat and I fought side by side and, for a brief moment, he turned his back on me, making it a very tempting target.
Odo: You'd shoot a man in the back?
Garak: Well, that's the safest way, isn't it?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

As was the little incident in Second Skin:

"This is an Alpha Red priority mission, clearance verification Nine Two One Eight Black. By the authority of the Central Command, you are ordered to turn your ships around. Erase all record of this encounter from your logs and speak of it to no one. Is that clear?"

"Just something I overheard while hemming someone's pants."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Sometimes, Garak's arguments hammer you down. The worst is when he is right.

"That's why you came to me, isn't it captain? Because you knew I could do those things that you weren't capable of doing. Well, it worked. And you'll get what you wanted: a war between the Romulans and the Dominion. And if your conscience is bothering you, you should soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the entire Alpha Quadrant, and all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator, one criminal... and the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain"

- Garak
In the Pale Moonlight
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

SolkaTruesilver wrote:Sometimes, Garak's arguments hammer you down. The worst is when he is right.

"That's why you came to me, isn't it captain? Because you knew I could do those things that you weren't capable of doing. Well, it worked. And you'll get what you wanted: a war between the Romulans and the Dominion. And if your conscience is bothering you, you should soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the entire Alpha Quadrant, and all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator, one criminal... and the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain"

- Garak
In the Pale Moonlight

YES!
- Female Changeling