What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Nickswitz »

Facebook is amazing, and completely made my weekend, entirely, I am happier than I have been in like years. Actually, ever. :D :mrgreen:
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Sunday morning at work.

Eh, I'll use the time to get some homework done.
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

I just got back from my cousin's wedding in Vermont.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nickswitz wrote:Facebook is amazing, and completely made my weekend, entirely, I am happier than I have been in like years. Actually, ever. :D :mrgreen:
Rather... good to hear.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Well the mac appears complete and totally screwed.

We installed a partition using the boot camp utility to put win7 on (I know, you Apple fanboys are likely laughing in my face right now). Well its all going fine and dandy but somehow the Mac OS X partition, not the windows, has corrupted. I cant access ANYTHING on the mac system, because it refuses to load it simply continually reboots. I've managed to back up all the data from the mac partition from the windows partition and put it on an external hardrive but now I am struggling to reformat the entire hardrive. I put the mac boot disk in and it shows the format ability of for the windows partition but...not the mac partition. It has ceased to even exist by according to the boot disk.

Any ideas?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Scratch that it lives. Via a bit of sheer luck we managed to format the entire hard-drive. Few.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

1) The Montreal Canadien made a comeback in 30 seconds before the end of the game, to steal the game 3-2! Victory!!! :angel1:

2) I am crippled with anguish. I sent a business proposition to a high-standing programmer in the Video Game community to finance a casual video game, with an established strategy and proposed funding, with promises of more if he comes along as we could find better financers. But he still hasn't replied to me back at all. I am aware he might be considering and simply taking his time about it, but I am still very nervous.

On wednesday, it will be a week I sent the letter. If he hasn't replied to me by then, I think I will be sending him an email just saying stuff like: "I hope you received the email", etc.. etc... Technically, the guy knew I was supposed to send him a proposition, so it's not like he was supposed to be surprised or anything...

Darn. First time I try to go into business, and I already stress like a drama-queen. :bangwall:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:2) I am crippled with anguish. I sent a business proposition to a high-standing programmer in the Video Game community to finance a casual video game, with an established strategy and proposed funding, with promises of more if he comes along as we could find better financers. But he still hasn't replied to me back at all. I am aware he might be considering and simply taking his time about it, but I am still very nervous.

On wednesday, it will be a week I sent the letter. If he hasn't replied to me by then, I think I will be sending him an email just saying stuff like: "I hope you received the email", etc.. etc... Technically, the guy knew I was supposed to send him a proposition, so it's not like he was supposed to be surprised or anything...

Darn. First time I try to go into business, and I already stress like a drama-queen.
Harboring some drama over your own pet project is completely normal. On another tack, hopefully you cc'd yourself and some trustworthy friends, so you have dated proof of whose idea the concept actually was.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Mikey wrote: Harboring some drama over your own pet project is completely normal. On another tack, hopefully you cc'd yourself and some trustworthy friends, so you have dated proof of whose idea the concept actually was.
Thanks, that helps.

And yes, I did cc'ed myself, and I sent copies for review to friends and family. I have more than ennough proof. On the other hand, if he steal the idea, I only lose an opportunity represented by him, as I haven't divulged my V.G. specific ideas, nor have I actually paid anything for now. It's just a marketing advantage I presented to him, which focus on him and his popularity in videogamer circles. If he doesn't want to come in the project in the first place, then the idea has value = nil.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:
Mikey wrote: Harboring some drama over your own pet project is completely normal. On another tack, hopefully you cc'd yourself and some trustworthy friends, so you have dated proof of whose idea the concept actually was.
Thanks, that helps.

And yes, I did cc'ed myself, and I sent copies for review to friends and family. I have more than ennough proof. On the other hand, if he steal the idea, I only lose an opportunity represented by him, as I haven't divulged my V.G. specific ideas, nor have I actually paid anything for now. It's just a marketing advantage I presented to him, which focus on him and his popularity in videogamer circles. If he doesn't want to come in the project in the first place, then the idea has value = nil.
And in that case, shop it somewhere else.
as Bull offed Custer
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Mikey wrote: And in that case, shop it somewhere else.
Suggestion as to how long to wait until I declare "death by non-answer"?

My gf suggested 2 weeks.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tsuki, if you feel the need for a vacation if the worst happens......grab Uzume and head out to Waikiki. I'll show ya'll the sights.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

And... now I have to move in a month or two.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:And... now I have to move in a month or two.
If you're talking about the loss of income, try finding out something about the Making Housing Affordable initiative. I don't have the Texas website, but it shouldn't be too hard to find; and in Jersey, there were programs available for both homeowners and renters.
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nah, the family wants to sell the house.

I mean, I get it, but telling me they're getting the ball rolling on it the day my mom passed away was pretty f*cking uncool, IMO.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939