Are there any usergroups???

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Are there any usergroups???

Post by Reliant121 »

I was looking through the facts section and i noticed something about Usergroups. I had a look and it said that there aren't any. Just curious if the display is correct or if there are actually Usergroups.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

If you're talking about the Forum, then no, we've not setup any user groups. What would you use them for?
email, ergo spam
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

From other fora I have been a member of, usergroups are generaly used for discussing things that don't particularly pertain to the main forum by groups of members who share an interest in that particular subject.

The reason we have none is that none have been requested, as far as I know.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

That makes sense. And to answer Ian: I have absolutely no idea.
Eclipse
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Eclipse »

Forums im on are usally game sites so the have beta tester usergroups and any that are requsted.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Eclipse wrote:Forums im on are usally game sites so the have beta tester usergroups and any that are requsted.
Which doesn't really apply here. We're happy for anyone to see the new beta version of the site. It's in the following thread:

viewtopic.php?t=817

If you've not seen it before it may take a little while to get used to. So use it for a few days before voting.
email, ergo spam