Google documents: Suggestion to all

BigJKU316
Captain
Captain
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Google documents: Suggestion to all

Post by BigJKU316 »

One more note on this, while it is a nice idea to share your sheet with the GM through this feature it really does not work. Google docs does not support some of the excel features used to put this sheet together, specifically many things the GM has to mess with from time to time that use pull down menues.

You can share it there with others, but you have to work from the sheet I sent you in excel in some spreadsheet program (excel, open office) and send that file back as an attachment. Once it goes to google docs (which will work for the players numerical entries) you can't export it back out and restore the previous functionality.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I will try and resend it, but there is almost no way I can do it tonight unless I can get it done quickly. I did it this way because I can use it on the iPad which, for some reason big, your sheets wont load. Staps do.

Sorry.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

I use an older version of excel than he does I think. Sorry about that. It what I can use while at work if I have down time.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

BigJKU316 wrote:One more note on this, while it is a nice idea to share your sheet with the GM through this feature it really does not work. Google docs does not support some of the excel features used to put this sheet together, specifically many things the GM has to mess with from time to time that use pull down menues.

You can share it there with others, but you have to work from the sheet I sent you in excel in some spreadsheet program (excel, open office) and send that file back as an attachment. Once it goes to google docs (which will work for the players numerical entries) you can't export it back out and restore the previous functionality.

I was about to post this same thing....

and ya I have microsoft office2007, I believe BIG is using 2003
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Lt. Staplic wrote:I believe BIG is using 2003
:laughroll: Luddite.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

Tyyr wrote:
Lt. Staplic wrote:I believe BIG is using 2003
:laughroll: Luddite.
Hey, you try to talk the IT guy into going up to Windows 7 or Vista and see if you get to keep your head. They like XP and won't move until forced.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I'm still not sold on the whole "Ribbon" thing. Can't blame them with not wanting to go to Vista. That was a fucking disaster. Not 100% on why they wouldn't want 7 other than just being happy with XP, can't blame them.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

Tyyr wrote:I'm still not sold on the whole "Ribbon" thing. Can't blame them with not wanting to go to Vista. That was a f***ing disaster. Not 100% on why they wouldn't want 7 other than just being happy with XP, can't blame them.
I work at a bank with 90% of the people being over 50. When I went to web-based email and turned off outlook I had three people crying at my desk about it. Not like complaining but really in tears because I told them that they cannot keep 10 year old email on company computers for liability reasons.

I am lucky I am not using a typewritter.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The two schools I attend dont get rid of XP for two reasons.

Bridgemary: seems to use a cackhanded approach of having all our user accounts over the net and the servers simply can't handle 700 students on win7. Plus the licenses are to expensive (apparently).

Brune park: The Securus system they use for all the local log ins isn't win7 compatable.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I've got a trial of 07 on my PC. When that runs out, I've still got my copy of 03 with my product key :wink:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.