The Die Is Cast Question

Deep Space Nine
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: The Die Is Cast Question

Post by Mark »

Just watched the DS9 episode with the genetically enhanced "think tank". The Cardies/Dominion wanted that system where they could use a microbe to create white. With only a couple of Founders in the AQ, that pretty much settles whether or not the Vorta can create the White themselves.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Anyone know what the white actually is? I always assumed it was just a chemical that the Jem'Hadar were engineered to need - is it actually adictive?

Whatever it is, the lack of it hampered the abilities of the Jem'Hadar in Rocks and Shoals.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Well, there is that sense of relief an addict shows when the get that first "hit". As having a bit of experience with drugs, I would suppose the White is a cross between amphetimenes (cocaine or meth), opiuts (heroin) and benzodiazapans (mood stabilizers and tranqulizers).
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

kostmayer wrote:Anyone know what the white actually is? I always assumed it was just a chemical that the Jem'Hadar were engineered to need - is it actually adictive?

Whatever it is, the lack of it hampered the abilities of the Jem'Hadar in Rocks and Shoals.
I'd assumed that the White was similar to the set-up in Jurassic Park - with the Jem'hadar being unable to synthesise a vital chemical which is then provided to them by the Founders.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Sionnach Glic wrote:
kostmayer wrote:Anyone know what the white actually is? I always assumed it was just a chemical that the Jem'Hadar were engineered to need - is it actually adictive?

I'd assumed that the White was similar to the set-up in Jurassic Park - with the Jem'hadar being unable to synthesise a vital chemical which is then provided to them by the Founders.
"The Abandoned" had Bashir saying it was both.
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/The_Abando ... episode%29
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)