Worst Twist?

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Worst Twist?

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well? What's the worst movie twist you've ever seen?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Re: Worst Twist?

Post by Lazar »

I hate it when I can guess the twist from the very first time I see the trailer - this happened to me with The Village and Shutter Island.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Oceans 12. Pretty much every twist in the film.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Journey's End (DW, not TNG). The Romana theory would have been better than the shit we got.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Lazar wrote:Shutter Island[/i].
Not the worst ever but worst I've seen recently
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

The Village and Hancock.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Seafort wrote:Journey's End (DW, not TNG). The Romana theory would have been better than the s**t we got.
Agreed.

"Let's take one of the best examples of character growth and development and shit on it for no goddamned good reason! Bye bye, Donna!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I didn't even see Shutter Island and I knew the "twist" from the first trailer alone.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Went to see Prince of Persia the other day. As they decided to launch the attack on the city, I leaned over to Ian and said "So Ben Kingsley is the bad guy then?" And he nodded and said "Of course."

Shutter Island, I saw the trailer, and thought to myself "What's the most painfully obvious twist there could be to this? Hmmmm, that...." and said it out loud. Then I went and looked up the ending on moviepooper.com, and sure enough, that was the twist.

I wouldn't call it a bad twist as such, but the Vader being Luke's father thing just breezed right past me when I first saw it. I didn't see it coming at all, but it didn't especially shock or surprise me. I was actually WAY more surprised to find out that Leia was his sister in the next movie.

But the winner is... Planet of the Apes, the remake. He's in a future where apes are in charge, and he goes back to the present day, or maybe the past, and finds... that the apes are also in charge there, and apparently always have been. Um, what? Are we supposed to be living in the ape world now somehow? Is it saying that we are apes? Which, I suppose, is true, but... sorry, but I just don't understand what it's meant to be telling us with that ending. And I was far from alone, half the cinema walked out of that showing muttering in confusion.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

There was so much that was so wrong with the remake of Planet of the Apes that the bit you mention barely blipped on my WTF radar.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Umm, what's the Shutter Island twist? Never seen the movie.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The guy who's investigating the asylum.... IS A PAITENT THERE HAVING A DELUSION! OMGWTFBBQ!?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Also, the Pope is Catholic.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

GrahamKennedy wrote: But the winner is... Planet of the Apes, the remake. He's in a future where apes are in charge, and he goes back to the present day, or maybe the past, and finds... that the apes are also in charge there, and apparently always have been. Um, what? Are we supposed to be living in the ape world now somehow? Is it saying that we are apes? Which, I suppose, is true, but... sorry, but I just don't understand what it's meant to be telling us with that ending. And I was far from alone, half the cinema walked out of that showing muttering in confusion.
Whats worse is I read the book before the remake came out and the ending is the EXACT ending of the book. Only difference is he lands in Paris not Washington DC.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

GrahamKennedy wrote:But the winner is... Planet of the Apes, the remake. He's in a future where apes are in charge, and he goes back to the present day, or maybe the past, and finds... that the apes are also in charge there, and apparently always have been. Um, what? Are we supposed to be living in the ape world now somehow? Is it saying that we are apes? Which, I suppose, is true, but... sorry, but I just don't understand what it's meant to be telling us with that ending. And I was far from alone, half the cinema walked out of that showing muttering in confusion.
This, definitely.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"