The Worst Companions Of The Doctor

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: The Worst Companions Of The Doctor

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:And the link, love it. :D Ten Doctors, eh? Always wanted to do one with all thirteen incarnations of the Doc. Twelve would've been Doc Brown from Back to the Future and Thirteen the original time traveler from HG Wells' 'The Time Machine'.
No Cushing?
Wait, didn't Cushing just play an alternate version of the First Doc?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Not just an alternate version - Cushing's Doctor was a human called Who, not a Time Lord. Indeed, when his films were made neither the name of the Doctor's species or the concept of regeneration existed.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I'm not sure I'd know enough about him to be able to do him justice... I barely know anything about the Cushing movies besides their existence.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I'm not sure I'd know enough about him to be able to do him justice... I barely know anything about the Cushing movies besides their existence.
Neither do I. From what little I recall he was a far milder and more pleasant character than the First Doctor (who was a pretty obnoxious character a lot of the time).
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Hmm, wouldn't include him then. Don't wanna jinx myself there. If I ever get around to this one, that is. :P
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Captain Seafort wrote:First Doctor (who was a pretty obnoxious character a lot of the time).
Did not suffer fools, far less than the other incarnations did - in the few episodes where the doc's incarnations met each other he was still the one the rest were almost "afraid" of. The 5 doctors was and still is a classic.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

colmquinn wrote:Did not suffer fools, far less than the other incarnations did
Had to be prevented from bashing a caveman's skull in
Deliberately sabotaged the Tardis to provide an excuse to go poking around the Dalek city
Abandoned his granddaughter in 22nd century London with one shoe
Initially refused to let Ian and Barbara return to 1966 in the Daleks' time machine

Those are just the cases I remember off the top of my head - and I haven't seen many of the First Doctor's serials
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I haven't seen too many of them either but he was a totally different type of person than the later ones.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

colmquinn wrote:I haven't seen too many of them either but he was a totally different type of person than the later ones.
There were definitely shades of him in Three's pride, Six's arrogance and Seven's sneakiness, but I agree that none of them were quite as bad.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

If you're in the U.S., (maybe Canada?) you're the only ones who can experience this on youtube Peter Cushing is Doctor Who in "Doctor Who and the Daleks." Really wish everyone could see this just to remember Cushing as Doctor Who.

Youtube also has Daleks Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. Guess I'll be looking at that later. *wow* Familiar face in this one. Bernard Cribbins!
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Okay, after seeing the latest episode of 'Who' on BBC America-well, latest for me, ;), I wanna bury a pickaxe in River Song's skull. :madashell: :madashell: :madashell:

"Spoi-"

SHUT UP! SHUT UP YOU STUPID SMARMY UGLY BITCH! THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL YOU MARRY THE DOC OR KNOW HIS REAL NAME, YOU MARY SUE FROM HELL!!!!!

*Ahem*

Sorry, folks. Just had to get that out. :oops: