Giant Robots.

Everything else
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Giant Robots.

Post by MetalHead »

Anyone else into the mecha side of science ficition? I've been watching some old shows lately: Macross, Big O, Gundam, etc.

I love the whole idea of a massive machine so easily and nimbly controlled by a human being, its immense!!
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

i'm a big fan of universal century gundam and macross DYRL-- haven't gotten into any of the more recent stuff though. used to read battletech novels when i was younger. ah childhood...
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Ive got a few of those novels laying around. You should watch Big O. Really cool if you're into a bit of anime.
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

personally, i'm waiting for the zeta gundam new translation trilogy to come out in the US. it'll be good to see the new upbeat ending even if it does retcon double zeta -- the original ending was just so heartbreaking.

the big o didn't really appeal to me, which is somewhat ironic since i usually tend to like noir type art direction.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Gundam Wing for me, but that's quite much it.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

if ur into gundam you'd like robotech, atleast the asthetics of it. Check out some macross music videos on youtube.

Booze and Strippers!
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

its too bad macross DYRL never got a proper release in the US...ah that movie was the golden age of real robots!