Waters of Mars [spoilers]

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Waters of Mars [spoilers]

Post by Captain Seafort »

Sunday, 1900 GMT, BBC1

:D
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Waters of Mars

Post by Nutso »

What do you think of the "War of the Masters" thing?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Forty-five minutes gentlemen.
Nutso wrote:What do you think of the "War of the Masters" thing?
Nonsense - mainly because there's no "the" in "Waters of Mars. While there's certainly previous regarding anagrams hinting at the Master, they at least contain all the required letters.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hmm, not too sure on this one, to be honest. It just seemed a bit....all over the place. :?

I really don't know, and I can't put my opinions into words for some reason.

Spoiler for the next episode:
Yay! The Master is back! :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Another meh episode. There's very few of the new series that I feel the need to watch again, which is a shame because when its good its brilliant.

And I can't see the Doctor changing such a significant event in Earths history to save one person, after all the things he's done (or refused to do) previously.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

I thought it was good. The Flood were pretty run-of-the-mill monsters, but they weren't really the focus of the episode. I really like these occasional glimpses (as in "Family of Blood", although in this case it was more than just a glimpse) of just who and what the Doctor is, and how potentially powerful he is.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Re: Waters of Mars [spoilers]

Post by colmquinn »

Only an average ep as a whole but it did have some decent bits
I really did think the captain would shoot the doctor because of what he had done. It was nice to see him in Master mode, shows how easy it is to become that which he hated I suppose.

At least with the new doctor coming I guess we get to see the master finally do some damage to the doctor. It'd be nice to see the master escape and become future threat leaving the doctor to die/ regenerate
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!