Specific Audio Program

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Specific Audio Program

Post by stitch626 »

I'm looking for a program that can record the audio output of my computer as an mp3.
I have a music writing program, which uses MIDI playback (which can sound really good with a few tweeks), and I need to record it so that I have an audio example of my stuff for the orchestra director at DCC (I may be getting my stuff published at some point, but I need to do a trial run first).

I would prefer that the program be free... but it isn't neccessary, especially if it is a good one.
I used to use MMJukebox, but that was only a trial... and several years ago.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Specific Audio Program

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

If you mean looping a cable from your speaker/headphone jack back to the mic jack and recording that, there should be a sound recording program in Windows (In Vista it's just called "Sound Recorder.") This probably wouldn't produce terrifically high-fidelity recording for musical purposes. On the first page of Google results there's this software solution which looks incredibly sophisticated (but costs $60 for the discounted license which doesn't restrict use of the program at all; there seems to be a trial period offered too)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

A quick search at http://www.softpedia.org turns up this cheaper possibility at $20.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Ok, I'll check those out, thanks.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.