Red Faction: Guerrilla (Spoilers)

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Red Faction: Guerrilla (Spoilers)

Post by Aaron »

This one was a rental, cause 70$ is just ridiculous for what it is. Rented it and played through last week, if you've ever played Saints Row, GTA or Mercs 2, this is the same deal but in SPACCCE!!! :lol:

You start off landing on Mars, emigrating to work as a mining engineer with your brother who happens to be a member of the local terrorist insurgent group Red Faction. He's shortly gunned down and you get to be the new hero of the Resistance.

Gameplay is basically the same as the above games with the exception of things like jetpacks and the disrupter nano rifle. Money is generated by smashing things with a ginormous hammer and collecting the scrap.

It's funny and there are some good concepts with the Marauders (feral arseholes). The EDF is almost cartoonishly evil, executing civvies, breaking stuff and beating people for no apparent reason. The game is enjoyable (not worth 70$ though) and the end cutscene is worth the price of a rental at least.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla (Spoilers)

Post by Reliant121 »

I got this as a gift from my mum, cause I was feeling pretty crappy after a break up. I have to say, there is nothing better for curing emotional outbursts than this. the pure carnage you can cause is immense. The story isnt bad, a bit distant, but still playable.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Reliant121 wrote:...I have to say, there is nothing better for curing emotional outbursts than this...
You're a man, Kieran. Killing things, even virtual things, makes us feel better. :D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Cpl Kendall wrote:The EDF is almost cartoonishly evil, executing civvies, breaking stuff and beating people for no apparent reason.
See, this is the side of the game I want to play. Rather than being the guy rebelling against authority I want to be the MAN.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'm shocked.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939