What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Aaron »

Holy crap that's huge!
IntrepidPrincess
Ensign
Ensign

Post by IntrepidPrincess »

You NEED a tripod to hold that, regardless of the shutterspeed! Cool though.
"Always Here" by IntrepidPrincess
All around here I see
friendly smiles to comfort me,
strong hands to protect me,
fast feet to run after me,
loving friends and family
to always be here for me.
-Home Sweet Home-
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

My dad wants a lens like that...
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

God thats more like a small tank barrel than a fricken lense :shock:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Holy crap that's huge!
That's what she sa...

Never mind. :lol:

@Grundig - Valerian Root is a natural herb that work as a remedy for anxiety/panic attacks. For depression, I don't know. St. John's Wort used to be the go-to herb for that, but I've heard about some negative side-effects recently.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

IanKennedy wrote:My new camera lens, and what it looks like on my camera :) It's a pro class zoom lens with 100-400mm focal lengths. It cost be £850 on eBay (about $1377) :oops: .

:Drool1:
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Tsukiyumi wrote: @Grundig - Valerian Root is a natural herb that work as a remedy for anxiety/panic attacks. For depression, I don't know. St. John's Wort used to be the go-to herb for that, but I've heard about some negative side-effects recently.
St. John's Wort can make you photo-sensitive (sun-burn easily)

I try to stay away from herbs because of my many allergies.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

From Slave to Princess
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Does that thing take pictures or fire anti-tank missiles?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tyyr wrote:Does that thing take pictures or fire anti-tank missiles?
:lol: I was just about to ask if that was a Nikon, or an Oerlikon.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

@ Grundig: Yes, there is true love. No, you can never be sure until after the fact.

Anti-depressants may or may not help you, but your GF is not the person to decide that. A qualified, uninvolved psychiatric MD is the person to help you with that determination.

Perhaps you have gotten into a rut of assuming the worst - it's easy to fall into that pattern. However, you should NEVER be afraid or unwilling to express thoughts independent - even contrary - to hers; that leads to resentment and hatred.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mikey wrote::lol: I was just about to ask if that was a Nikon, or an Oerlikon.
"Hey guys, take a look at my new TOW camera!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"Say cheese!"

"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

That camera is just what every voyer needs :happydevil:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

@Kendall, Mikey, and Reliant: Thank you for your insight. I agree that nobody's perfect, nor is there a perfect or effortless relationship. I guess the best a person can do is find someone whose "baggage" matches yours. (cookie for the reference.)

I also agree wholeheartedly that relationships take lots of work. We have tried couples counseling - we did that for at least a year, then abruptly stopped going, because my girl wasn't comfortable with it, and I didn't feel right forcing her. She seemed to feel that it was mostly for my benefit, which was a confusing notion. I also went to individual counseling for over a year, to help with my anxiety and various other issues that I do indeed struggle with. I feel we have put tremendous effort into this relationship, both individually and as a couple. And we've occasionally gotten close to where we want to be, but for the rest of the time, neither one of us are truly happy. To boil it down, I don't think either one of us should have to change who we are any more than we already have - there's nothing seriously wrong with us individually. I just don't think we're a good enough match. If there's no such thing as a perfect match, there's got to be such a thing as "good enough match" right? It's just difficult delineating what is good enough when you're in the middle of the relationship you're trying to assess. I made the mistake of getting into this relationship before I really knew who I was, who I wanted to be, and who I wanted to be with. So I've had to try and figure those things out on the fly, while also trying to keep my girl happy.

I think the bottom line is that the source of our unhappiness is a confusing mixture of romantic incompatibility coupled with individual dissatisfaction in our own lives. Even if I took happy pills and didn't get so defensive around my girl, I still don't think I'd feel close enough to her. Maybe I will take happy pills some time, but I really don't want to do it so it will save the relationship.

I won't keep plastering this topic with my bitching and moaning, but I'm glad I brought this up, and I thank you all for your thoughts. It's helpful to get it all out.
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage
Angharrad
Captain
Captain

Post by Angharrad »

I'm not so excited about my new camera now.

On another front, our intern, who is from Egypt gave my very annoying co-worker a Hookah. Maybe if he gets high he'll leave me alone. :D

From Slave to Princess