Info on the USS Kelvin

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Info on the USS Kelvin

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Discussion on the possible uses of fighters split to here.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Talk about major splitage.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

So, anybody have any clues on where we can find some legit backstage info on the Kelvin and nEnt?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
dagadget
Senior chief petty officer

Post by dagadget »

Mark wrote:So, anybody have any clues on where we can find some legit backstage info on the Kelvin and nEnt?

Until they rel;ease a tech manual or another movie comes out we only have what was on screen and the producers information to go on and nothing else. So all we have really is a lot of speculation at this time
steamrunner
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by steamrunner »

One woulda thought that the movie hotshots would have known that the film would be under intense scrutiny by Trek fans. They could have easily put out a tech manual and made it available on the film's release date...
"If? If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle..."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

They DID have enough time. And that would have been the best time to market it I'd imagine.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
steamrunner
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by steamrunner »

Absolutely...it would have flown off the shelves. They could always package one with the DVD/Blu-ray around Christmas-time...
"If? If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle..."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They probably didn't realise it'd be such a success while they were making it.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"

Post by Avatar2312 »

After reviewing ST XI again, I have a concern about a YATI in ST XI about its captain descending to the hangar floor.

I think he didn't.

He leaves the bridge talking to Kirk, walking with him to the elevator and leaves him with "You're captain now Mr. Kirk."

From there he descends with the elevator but not to the Hangar Deck (the scene we see), but from Bridge-Level down to the center of the ship. Then wie have 3(!) scenes where we just see him walking. In the second he walks up stairs. It would be more than reasonable to think, that he walked the way to the shuttle over several decks across half the saucer section (even more reasonable if we logically assume that was thinking of a possibility to get out of this mess, and therefor in need to buy some time for him to think and his crew to prepare all shuttles for evac. As well if we take the industrial look of the Kelvins interior into account, where you don't have E-D like turbolifts, that bring you to every corner of the ship). Furthermore it would seem absolutely impractical to show someone walkin over three following scenes always on different locations, if it wasn't about showing that he walked quite a few minutes. Don't know if this has already been mentioned.
Whoever finds errors in my English is welcome to keep them. I am Austrian.