A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Paintball?

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm just a couple of hours back from a morning of paintball. Great fun.:D
Anyone else been?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Once - great fun, though it took the bruses a few weeks to heal.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Try getting hit in the finger from less than a metre away. :P
Now that is painful.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

i've been hit in the finger nearly at point blank once. that hurt.

it happens when two trigger-happy people decide that it would be a good idea to respectively enter and exit the same door at the same time.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Rochey wrote:Try getting hit in the finger from less than a metre away. :P
Now that is painful.
Ouch. Sounds about as bad as some bugger emptying a magazine into the small of your back from two feet away. :P
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Once, woodsball. I had a moment of shining glory when I dived through a metal pipe in a hedge, came up one side, and rained painted doom on the entire other team, tagging three out before getting shot right in the mouth of my mask. Allowed my team to move up and raise the central flag for the win. The one guy who'd actually played before in that group never saw me coming. He was a good shot, but lousy at group tactics.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

i paintball quite often actually, it's good fun. Mostly woodsball, but we have a speedball field here too.

I use a "slightly" modified Tippmann 98, the AK-47 of paintball guns :P
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I love this - it's pretty expensive so I don't get to go as often as I like, but I like to think [more than likely incorrectly, I might add] that I'm pretty good at it, I've got a decent shot, and tend to be one of those that goes running and screaming into the middle of the enemy with guarenteed death, just to get a 'kill' or two :wink:
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Sadly and surprisingly, there isn't a decent field in this town (surprising because its a college town). There're two 40 miles in opposite directions. One apparently sucks, one apparently is good, but I've never been to either. It is a bit of an expensive hobby.