Find the Founders VIII

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Find the Founders VIII

Post by Mark »

I'm guessing we need to shoot from the hip here. Who's been acting the most suspicious?

:::draws hipflask while looking around warily:::
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Coming from the drunk guy... :roll:

Rochey has had the right gut this far. I'll go with whatever he calls on.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Thanks for the vote of confidence Deep. And I think I've figured out just who's the last Founder.
Last night, MM&I discussed the matter and agreed that Deep would be tested, and if the results came back human, Bob would be shot as the most suspicious of us all. I think Bob heard us speaking, and decided to kill MM&I before he could reveal Deep's results to the rest of us. That would cast suspicion on Deepcrush, and allow Bob to slip back under the radar.
Bob's lack of participation in our debates on guilt and the fact that he's not yet voted in a single execution - both of which led to his brethren's deaths - is also rather damning.

So there we are. Our last Founder is the quiet Bob. Again, we need a vote, but I believe this is just a mere formality by now - we know who it is. In any case, the formalities need to be observed.

*raises phaser*

All in favour, say die.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

You know Rochey, you've been right so far, so I'm willing to follow your lead...........but one thing is bothering me. Do we KNOW for sure MM&I didn't change his mind and test someone else?

:::sips flask:::

I mean, this time, your whole theory is based on ASSUMING that he tested Deep. To be honest, I've been more suspicious of him than Bob. After all, we've killed two Founders, and he's voted against killing both of them.

:::looks warily at Deep and drinks again:::
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No, we don't know. But I see no reason for him to have changed his mind and not told me. I'll admit it's a big assumption. I'll also readily admit there's a whole bunch of possibilties that may make my speculation wrong. But it's all we've got to go on for now. We'll know soon enough. Here's hoping I'm right a third time.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Ok then.......

:::takes another pull and offers flask:::

Aye
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

::Pulls out phaser::

I say we toast two of them just to be safe. I vote yes.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Yeah, it's not strange at all he voted AGAINST killing the two founders, but now he wants to shoot two people?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

3/5 in favour. It ends here.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Bob stared at the others.
"WHAT!!!! The reason I haven't voted is because I wasn't sure enough that they were Founders. I'm a very indecisive person. It takes me hours to decide what to cook. When it comes to killing, I'm not that fond of it. Please, believe me, I'm not a Founder."
Unfortunatly, Bob's pleas fell on deaf ears. Rochey lifted his phaser and pressed the trigger. Nothing happened. As Rochey stared at the phaser, Deep took aim with his and pressed the trigger. This one fired. But before the beam even hit Bob's body, the phaser exploded, severely burning Deep's hand. However, the malfunction did not stop the execution. Bob was thrown to the ground; burns covering his body. His body did not turn to liquid.
The survivors stared, hoping. There was no change. They had killed one of their own.
Rochey's face paled.
"Oh God..."

NIGHT!!!!
Specials give me your choices.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

For the rest of the day, there was silence. The effect of Bob's death, or murder in the eyes a one, was certainly felt. As the sun began to set. Staplic spoke up.
"Are we going to bother with a watch tonight?"
Rochey looked at him, the lines showing in his ragged face. "I'll stay on watch. I won't be sleeping anyway."
In silence, the other three survivors went to bed.

After several hours had passed, Rochey's eyes had run out of tears. Rochey turned to see Deep walking towards him.
"How you holding up?" Deep asked.
Rochey just stared back at the escape pods, silent.
"Yeah, I figured as much. I've made a terrible mistake too. If I had been a bit more proactive in my assignment, this wouldn't have happened. But tonight I'll take care of things."
As Deep began to walk back to the cave, he pulled out a hidden type 1 phaser. Looking at Staplic's sleeping body, his eyes widened. Deep turned around just in time to see Rochey's limp body land on the ground at Mark's feet.
"Not fast enough human."
Deep quickly took aim and fired. Mark just barely dodged the shot. He then launched himself at Deep, knocking them both to the ground. However, Deep used his honed skills to roll with the attack and was back on his feet before the Founder could react. Deep took one final aim and fired the last shot the phaser had.

Mark's body vanished in a flicker of gold and red. Deep sighed, relieved that it was finally over. He turned around to see Staplic running over.
"Deep, I heard phaser fire. Where's Rochey and Mark?"
"Their dead. Mark took Rochey's life, and I made sure he wouldn't take another."
"Oh." Staplic said, a depressed look on his face. "Well, there is good news. The U.S.S. Titanic picked up our signal and sent a compressed message to the reciever I built. They'll be here in the morning."
Deep smiled a little. "Well, at least we can take their bodies back for a decent burial."
The two survivors decided to spend their last night on this forsaken planet under the stars, waiting for the Titanic to arrive.

The End. Humans win.

Now for the real end. :twisted:

The U.S.S. Titanic entered orbit of the unknown planet. Admiral Kennedy looked at the ops officer.
"Are you sure you aren't picking up any life signs?"
"Sure Admiral. I'm not picking them up. The atmosphere may be interfering with sensors but..."
The Admiral hit his com panel. "Reliant, take your team down for an aerial search, see if you can spot them."

The type 8 shuttle flew over the last known location of the emergency signal.
"Admiral, Reliant here. There's just a bunch of craters. Possibly from a meteor shower. If anyone was here before, they aren't now."
The Admirals sigh could be heard over the com. "Alright, if possible land and search on foot. If you find anything, let us know. Titanic out."
Reliant heard a chuckle behind him. His eyes went wide as his windpipe was crushed. Gasping for air, he looked up to see the face of a Founder.
Over the still active com, he could hear the shouts of "losing containment". Then, there was static. The last thing he saw was the Founder, laughing.

The End!
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You're a bitch!!!!!!!
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Hey, you still won. That was just the story.