Genesis

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Genesis

Post by Monroe »

Saw this at work for sale and I was going to get it because I love Homeworld but then I read on the back it was only a 2d environment and its all bioships.

Anyone play this before? It any good?
Last edited by Monroe on Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

spelled with two i's? no i've never heard of it. if its anything like homeworld, the i'd be interested in it. now that was a well designed game with a very cool story.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Is it Genises? Genesis? Second one looks right.. hmm.. I don't know how to spell lol

The back looked like a 2d version of Homeworld. And aye, Homeworld is one of the best games of all time I think. Sadly there won't be another one more than likely.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Do you mean Genesis Rising? I have it. It's pretty good, with a lot of open ended stuff in it. The ability to customise all your own ships is pretty neat, too. I didn't beat it though, I've been stuck on one level for a week now! I know how to beat it, but actualy doing it is nigh on impossible! :x
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I hate impossible levels. Last level of Galactic Civilizations seems like that. I mean I killed the Dread Lords why are they still here? :P

So is it worth getting?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd say its worth it. The gameplay is rather good, and very open. And the ability to customise your own ships is neat. It's also very warhammeresque in some ways. The whole 'humanity on a holy crusade across the universe' thing.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"