Regent Worf's Flagship

Deep Space Nine
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

With a Borg cube being 64,000, DS9 being 12,000 and the Regency One taking damage from the Defiant, might that suggest tens of thousands but less than 64k?
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Again, I don't think you can scale up ability directly with size a/o mass. Shield generators might be concurretnly stronger, but have MUCH more area to cover per generator; weaponry would be limited by the ability to handle power throughput, rather than just by capacity of emitters, etc. It would even be probable that power generation follows a decelerating curve compared with warp core size.
Captain Seafort wrote:I don't see how such a size discrepancy can be overcome with a cloak. Particularly a cloak that renders the ship visible to the naked eye while dropping out of warp, and was hit repeatedly during the battle, even before Troi's telepathic stuff.
That part I agree with wholeheartedly. I would guess at an overall strength of about 1/3 of Seafort's postulate. Of course, this doesn't take into account any unquantifiable factors, such as the difficulty we saw the Regency One have with targeting a small, close-in bogey - such as the Defiant was - or lack of ability to evade close-in fire.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

so anywhere between 7,000 and 156,00 seems reasonable? :D
30,000 will do, then!
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Beam Firepower : 410,000
Torpedo Firepower : 96,000
Weapon Range and Accuracy : 1,260
Shield Strength : 80,000
Hull Armour : 30000
Speed : 900
Combat Manoeuvrability : 150

Total : 156,000
30,000 hull armor??????

This thing has armor 30x thicker than a Galaxy? Thats just insane. Mayve knock that figure up to 1500.

And while I agree the weapons would be high just not quite that high. And since it is so big it couldnt bring to bear anymore than 30% of those weapons at anyone time if even that number.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:...it is so big it couldnt bring to bear anymore than 30% of those weapons at anyone time if even that number.
True. Another one of those things that aren't really quantifiable, but have a definite effect on the abilities of the ship. Of course, IMO the beast was designed for intimidation and attack on fixed installations, not ship-to-ship combat.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

True just seeing it would be enough to scare all but the most determined attack.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.