And the returning villains for Series 4 will be...

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

And the returning villains for Series 4 will be...

Post by Captain Seafort »

The Sontarans
Casting Update

Monster role for Young Ones star (Series Four spoiler!)

Christopher Ryan, best known for playing super-cool Mike in the classic comedy series The Young Ones, is set for a guest-starring role in an upcoming Series Four adventure.

Ryan will play a Sontaran leader in the story, due to begin filming in the next few weeks.

"I'm absolutely delighted to be appearing in this new Doctor Who," Chris revealed. "The last time I appeared in Doctor Who was in 1986, Colin Baker was the Doctor and I was still a Young One."

The story in question was the Trial Of A Time Lord, where Chris starred as the slug-like Mentor Kiv alongside Trevor Laird, who played Martha's dad in 2007.

If you know your Who lore, the Sontarans will need no introduction. If you're a newer viewer, however, you may not know that the Sontarans are amongst the greatest villains from the classic series of Doctor Who.

A military, warlike species, able to clone vast armies of themselves, the Sontarans are locked into an eternal struggle with their enemies the Rutans.
I do hope that the'll have their showdown somewhere other than Earth this time - Tardis is, after all, Time And Relative Dimensions In Space.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Damn, you just about beat me to it. :P

I'm looking forward to this, hopefully it'll be good.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Is The Young Ones still being aired anywhere? I loved that show. When we adopted my dog, I almost named him SPG.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i loved the sontarans! Wow, that takes me back somewhat........
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay