Pic Request re: Dominion uber-ships

Deep Space Nine
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Re: Pic Request re: Dominion uber-ships

Post by Granitehewer »

it is logical that they are ships, heard it posited by someone that they may have been meant to have been seen as stations, hence my ease to consider that, although forgotten where i read that.
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It's not a great design for a space station. That it's a ship is the most logical exlpaination.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

am not the dean of sci fi, but those dreadnoughts seem to me at least, incongruous with dominions' tech level and the resources available to them in the cardassian union, my quite probably stupid reasoning , is that if dominion tech is slightly superior to ufp tech, and that the ufp has greater resources/industrial output than the cardassian union, that shipsof this size would be unfeasible....
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

The Dominion was always shown to have amazing industiral capability. No idea how we explain away the resources thought...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Presumably the Dominion has a rather large amount of territory on the other side of the wormhole.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

oh well, there were cool ships, anyhoo, certainly made me drool
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Rochey wrote:Presumably the Dominion has a rather large amount of territory on the other side of the wormhole.
Yeah but since we can be fairly sure those ships didnt come through the wormhole (no one knew about them) they must have been built in the AQ. Which takes massive resources... which the CU doesnt have.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Fair point.