Temple Of Doom

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Temple Of Doom

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Another movie I haven't seen in years that I decided to re-watch. Dear god, it's awful.

The plot does a remarkable job of hiding for the whole movie, though. Two hours worth of disposable Indian bad-guys and a few set ups for action set-pieces later, and I remember why everyone considers this to be the worst of the Indiana Jones films. Continuity? Nah. (What the hell happened to Short Round after this? Indy has a moustache in one segment, and then it mysteriously vanishes. The British commander is there when they arrive at the palace, then vanishes - though his Indian troops show up conveniently at the end, etc) Rational plot? Nah. One scene just leads to the next without explanation, or any of the mystery, or "searching" from Raiders or Last Crusade. Guy tries to kill Indy in his room for no reason? Indy checks Willie's room, which conveniently has the passage down to the secret temple... Maybe not the best room to put them in...

I could (and might) write a scathing parody at some point, though, like Rochey's stuff, it'll probably happen around the turn of the decade, or maybe the next century. :P
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939