Post by Reliant121 »

Caernavon castle class

Brittania Sovereign Shipyards (BSS)

State of design origin: Britannia

Type: Multi purpose surface combatant Frigate

Crew: 200

Displacement: 6146 tonnes

Dimensions:- Length: 155 metres, 17.2 metres beam, 6.8 metres draught

Armaments: 2 x 70 mm plasma cannon turrets, 1 x 50 mm plasma cannon turrets, 2 x 40 mm light plasma cannon turrets, 2 x quad 10 mm light laser cannons, 1 x 10mm point defense
cannon
2 x 3 cell long range "Hydra" SSM launcher, 1 x Short range "Fury" SAM launcher, 1 x "Phalanx 805" Short range SAM launcher

Powerplant: two single water jet thrust units, 1 Maxillion high capacity fusion reactor

Performance: 58 knots

The Caernavon castle, one of the only major BSS designs used by the military, was first conceived about 20 years ago. The aging Yaris class light frigates, made by Aurora engineering, were loosing their effectiveness due to aging weapons design, poor armour, weak shielding and inferior detection systems. designs being fielded by the other nations were far in advance to the Terran alliance Naval armada, so a replacement frigate was required. The requirements were signed.

Aurora and Sarakov both fielded a design as well as BSS, but the BSS design was the superior in all fields. The Caernavon castle was offically accepted into the Terran Alliance nave Maritime branch.

She features a competant armament for her size, the plasma cannons giving her a good short to medium range firepower. the quad light laser cannons give a good short range power, as well as good anti-air and point defense capability. The Hydra missiles, now beginning to age, are effective still and powerful in their implementation. The Fury missiles are a new modification of the original design, as the loss of the TANS Windsor castle at the hands of a pirate aircraft demonstrated that the Anti-air capability of the Caernavon's were not fantastic. As such, the more expensive Fury missiles were added on top of the old Phalanx 805 missile battery. This class saw the debut of the powerful Firedome ball radar system which is still in use on some of the major warships today, including this one.

Designers note

I think this is probably the best i've done (not saying much). I've included alot more detail in this time, and managed to work out why the ones i did before looked disproportionate, because the page size was too small. so 1200x600 seems to work alot better. Anyway, i based this (loosely) on the HMS Devonshire, incorperating some newer design features and improved detail. Please comment and criticize, whatever.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: ARIEL - Caernavon Castle frigate

Post by Sionnach Glic »

X
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

wtf. I use my OWN photobucket, and it doesnt work. -.-' And yet i can see it.

just to check, does that work?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

They both work fine for me.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

hmmm...ah well.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They're not working for me. :?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Very odd - they're fine for me too.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Strange. Must be my computer. Time to run some virus checks.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Abraxas
Senior chief petty officer

Post by Abraxas »

I like. A lot, actually.

The CIWS at the back is pointing the wrong way, though... unless you wanted it pointed that way.

Otherwise, I have to admit my fondness for the nautical ships you've been putting up 8) .
"We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave..."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Yah I made an error with that I'll see if i can get an edited pic at some point.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Just trun off your anti-Rochey filter. :wink:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:

Oh, and I think my computer just contracted some very nasty bug, which is why those pics aren't showing up. Google's stopped working for me completely, and I can't get half the websites I visit to open. Even the pop-ups are displaying "page not found" errors. Hell, even Reliant's sig has stopped working, though that's probably a blessing in disguise.

Time to go and try to figure out how to fix stuff, I guess. :|
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:even Reliant's sig has stopped working,
Can you send me that bug? :P
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Rochey wrote::lol:

Oh, and I think my computer just contracted some very nasty bug, which is why those pics aren't showing up. Google's stopped working for me completely, and I can't get half the websites I visit to open. Even the pop-ups are displaying "page not found" errors. Hell, even Reliant's sig has stopped working, though that's probably a blessing in disguise.

Time to go and try to figure out how to fix stuff, I guess. :|
Ooooooh, I had a bug like that! I couldn't even open my own programs! And websites were hit and miss... and pics, be it avatars, sigs or random webpage graphics, just NEVER showed up!

My scans didn't stop it, so I started my computer in "Safe Mode" and simply turned off any application I didn't recognize. Then I went to my C:\ drive, searched for each program I turned off and checked them out. If it was unfamiliar or I didn't have a second thought about deleting it, I trashed it. I dropped about 2 or 3 things... and one of them was my virus and my computer worked well after that.

I have ZERO experience with computers. I know enough to get by... but I really didn't have the experience to be doing what I was doing. I could have seriously ruined my computer!

But it's still here - 3 years later :Nerd: !
"We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave..."
- Hunter S. Thompson