Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Ep Discussion: SG1 1.19 "There But For the Grace of God"

Post by Varthikes »

Stargate: SG-1
"There But For the Grace of God"

I LOVE this episode! It remains my Number 1 favorite episode of SG1's first season. Alternate realities are one of my favorite science fiction themes in any series, but this one is probably the best--at least for Stargate. The writers, the director, and the actors all did an amazing job with taking the alternate reality to the Nth degree. Even going as far as... SPOILERS-->destroying the SGC.<--SPOILERS

It's fun spotting the differences. Hammond and O'Neill reversing roles, Teal'c's pony tail, Carter not being in the military, the relationship between alternate Carter and alternate O'Neill... We also get to see Dr. Langford again--the last time she's played by Elizabeth Hoffman.

One of the best episodes ever!
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Ep Discussion: SG1 1.19 "There But For the Grace of God"

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, a good episode. In general, most sci-fi makes a mess of alt realities. Stargate and the Mirror Universe are the only ones that ever seem to do it well, IMO.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"