The Worst Book You Ever Read

Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Re: The Worst Book You Ever Read

Post by Granitehewer »

lol worse than that, i think i actually bought that one first hand and looked forward to it on the train home...
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

What was that Star Wars book that was so bad it was decanonized? Yeah, that one.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

at least three of my star trek books are really badly proof read, the first page alone had seven typos... chronic, will find out which ones tonight, ''proud helios'' another 'trek book had such a dismally unimaginative ending in my book, excuse the pun
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Granitehewer wrote:lol worse than that, i think i actually bought that one first hand and looked forward to it on the train home...
Oh God, that sucks! How did you manage? The pain of reading it I mean.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Another worthy contender would be some of my books I use for studies. Especially one on architecture, it reads with the same plasure you'd read a phonebook. I am very glad I don;t have to read it again in the near future.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Battlefield Earth is likely the worst one I've read. Aside from the pure sillyness of savage humans taking down an intergalactic empire, there is the simple fact that the story ends (or should) 3-400 pages before the actual novel does.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Wow, there's one I blotted from memory. Ugh that thing was utter shit.
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

'Classic' book hatred: Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert. I couldn't even get through the cliff notes...

Fantasy Novels: the Darksword Trilogy had such promise for 2.5 of the 3 books, but then bogged down in such a piss poor ending, I vowed never to read anything else by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. And since 1988, I've kept that vow unbroken. You cannot convince me they have ever written anything else worth putting in front of my eyeballs for any length of time.

I have wasted so many hours on several sections of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series that I will never get back. I just hope Sanderson can bring it to a merciful end.

I've read several Star Trek books, most recently the Time to Live/Die/Born/Hate/Love(and whatever else...) that were pretty awful...
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Foxbat wrote:...I have wasted so many hours on several sections of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series that I will never get back. I just hope Sanderson can bring it to a merciful end...
No joke. I made it to book 8; I'm not sure I can bring myself to slog through another 10,000 pages. It's good, but it's waaaay toooo loooong.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

...25 books? Are you serious?
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

:? Yes, the neverending series. :?
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Tyyr wrote:...25 books? Are you serious?
12 so far actually...they're big books.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I hope some hot elf chicks or something are getting nailed in them because that's fucking ridiculous.
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

Hot elf chicks getting nailed would be a welcome relief...

Unfortunately, it's mostly a bunch of women who have a lot of power being bitchy to each other off and on for about 7 books (Starting book 4 or so until 10/11? I've heard Sanderson has moved the story forward more in newest book than in the last 3/4 combined. But it'll be a few more books I've heard to put the story to rest. Sigh...
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Squeeze that cash cow for all it's worth. :?
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington