New Dune Trilogy Launches in October With Publication of "The Duke of Caladan"

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

New Dune Trilogy Launches in October With Publication of "The Duke of Caladan"

Post by Nutso »

https://www.cbr.com/dune-trilogy-octobe ... f-caladan/
The Caladan Trilogy will focus on Duke Leto Atreides, the father of Dune's original hero Paul Atreides, and his rise to power. There will be a number of books expanding the Dune universe, including a graphic novel adaptation of the prequel novel House Atreides by BOOM! Studios.

The official synopsis for The Duke of Caladan follows:

"Leto Atreides, Duke of Caladan and father of the Muad’Dib. While all know of his fall and the rise of his son, little is known about the quiet ruler of Caladan and his partner Jessica. Or how a Duke of an inconsequential planet earned an emperor’s favor, the ire of House Harkonnen, and set himself on a collision course with his own death. This is the story.

Through patience and loyalty, Leto serves the Golden Lion Throne. Where others scheme, the Duke of Caladan acts. But Leto’s powerful enemies are starting to feel that he is rising beyond his station, and House Atreides rises too high. With unseen enemies circling, Leto must decide if the twin burdens of duty and honor are worth the price of his life, family, and love."
Pre-order from Amazon
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: New Dune Trilogy Launches in October With Publication of "The Duke of Caladan"

Post by Teaos »

Dune is my go to example why I don’t support someone else writing Game of Thrones if GRRM dies.

Only example I can think that went ok is Christopher Tolkien publishing other Tolkien stuff.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: New Dune Trilogy Launches in October With Publication of "The Duke of Caladan"

Post by Nutso »

Teaos wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:42 am Dune is my go to example why I don’t support someone else writing Game of Thrones if GRRM dies.

Only example I can think that went ok is Christopher Tolkien publishing other Tolkien stuff.
How are you keeping your interest in finishing "A Song of Ice & Fire?" After the show's creatively dismal ending, I was able to keep going by focusing on YouTubers and their "theories."
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I think we may get the next book but it will never end.

He has made it to complex and he is to old.

While I love the story, I don’t have hope for it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.