Curious about this laptop

LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Curious about this laptop

Post by LaughingCheese »

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834231320

Why 12GB of ram?? Why an i7 mobile processor?

I'm no expert but it doesn't seem to me like those particular components benefit the gaming performance of the laptop especially since its only paired with a GTX 770M.

I really wish they would have just given 8GB of ram, you don't need 12GB for gaming (afaik) and an i5. Those other specs are just there so they can charge a premium, but in that price range they can't beat the Lenovo Y510p or some of the MSI options.

So I know I had a big thread about building a desktop but I've realized that I do prefer to be more mobile (hence my desktop/laptop scheme :P) so I've decided to get a laptop. It won't be this one of course, I was just curious if anyone else thought those specs were ridiculous for only gaming at 1080p.

I do still want to build a desktop sometime, it will just be a little farther in the future now. :P

Thanks

LC
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Curious about this laptop

Post by Teaos »

12GB of ram can be needed for top end graphics rendering on the lattest gen games. But you can simply turn down the resolution.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Curious about this laptop

Post by LaughingCheese »

Teaos wrote:12GB of ram can be needed for top end graphics rendering on the lattest gen games. But you can simply turn down the resolution.

Even if its "only" 1080p? That would make more sense to me if it were 1440p or 1600p and of course 4k.