Quick Help

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Quick Help

Post by Teaos »

My Partner is buying a laptop and is tossing up between these two.

Needs it for web, university work, word processing, and general stuff, nothing to exotic. Also if you happen to know of any amazing deal atm it would be great.

She wants to order today or tomorrow and just wants a nice, reliable laptop with no stress,

Sorry for the German but I assume you would get the stats by context.

Betriebssystem
Windows 8 64 Windows 8 64

Prozessor
AMD Quad-Core A8-4555M APU Intel® Core™ i5-4200U

Bildschirmgröße
39,6 cm (15,6") 39,6 cm (15,6")

Arbeitsspeicher
6 GB DDR3 4 GB DDR3L

Festplatte
750 GB 5400 U/min SATA 500 GB 5400 U/min SATA

Betriebssystem
Windows 8 64 Windows 8 64

Prozessor

Prozessor
AMD Quad-Core A8-4555M APU 1,7 GHz 4 MB L2-Cache Intel® Core™ i5-4200U (1,6 GHz, 3 MB Cache, 2 Kerne)

Arbeitsspeicher

Speicherkapazität, Standard
6 GB DDR3 4 GB DDR3L

Speicherlayout
(1 x 2 GB, 1 x 4 GB) (1 x 4 GB)

Speichersteckplätze
2 DIMM 2 DIMM

Laufwerke

Festplatte – Beschreibung
750 GB 5400 U/min SATA 500 GB 5400 U/min SATA SuperMulti DVD±RW mit Double-Layer-Unterstützung

Anzeigegröße (diagonal)
39,6 cm (15,6") 39,6 cm (15,6")

Grafik
AMD Radeon HD 8550M Discrete-Class Intel HD-Grafikkarte 4600

Netzwerkschnittstelle
Integriertes 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN
Integriertes 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN

Wireless
802.11b/g/n 802.11b/g/n

Anschlüsse
1 HDMI
1 Kombianschluss für Kopfhörerausgang/Mikrofoneingang
1 USB 2.0
2 USB 3.0
1 RJ45

1 HDMI
1 Kopfhörer
1 Mikrofon
1 USB 2.0
2 USB 3.0
1 RJ45
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Quick Help

Post by McAvoy »

Who makes it? Like everything else the company who makes it matters. For example I hate Toshiba with a passion. They will never have my buisiness again.

Capability wise it looks ok to me.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Both HP.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Ahhh... well I have had two HPs including the one I have now. IMO HPs last a long time under regular use. My laptop has been used constantly for four years.

Oh but beware of HP bloatware. I don't know if they got rid of all that junk but in 2009 it was a lot
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I've always had a problem with HP, they seem to use inferior hardware, them and Dell seem to, Toshiba at least has really low prices on their garbage laptops, although I still would never get one myself. I've always found ASUS and Lenovo to be top of the line for me, even at their low cost options.

Also, I'm confused as to why it lists an AMD CPU and then an Intel CPU right after it.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I think it's options, like how they have 6GB and 4 GB of RAM both listed.

I'd got with the Intel set up. The i5-4200U is a Haswell processor which is going to help with battery life a lot. I am honestly not sure about the RAM. I usually say just take more but I'd have to do some looking into it. I don't think I've ever seen someone using two different sized sticks together. Personally I'd take the 4GB option and just buy another stick and put it in yourself.

Aside from that I've had good luck with HP's.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nickswitz wrote:I've always had a problem with HP, they seem to use inferior hardware, them and Dell seem to, Toshiba at least has really low prices on their garbage laptops, although I still would never get one myself. I've always found ASUS and Lenovo to be top of the line for me, even at their low cost options.

Also, I'm confused as to why it lists an AMD CPU and then an Intel CPU right after it.
Toshiba's garbage laptops is an understatement.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

She went with the cheaper one, bigger HD but odd RAM configuration. Will see how it goes.