Announcements / Release dates / Reviews / Ask the author anything (well, almost anything)

Alexbright99
Ensign
Ensign
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Announcements / Release dates / Reviews / Ask the author anything (well, almost anything)

Post by Alexbright99 »

Hey there, fine folks!

In this thread I will post frequent updates on the story's progress, including release dates.

If you have any questions or opinions to share, this is the place. I'd love to hear from you!
Alexbright99
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Announcements / Release dates / Reviews / Ask the author anything (well, almost anything)

Post by Alexbright99 »

And here's the first official announcement for my first official announcement thread:

Fallen Heroes Part III, Chapter X will be uploaded Friday, September 4! Save the date. See you then!
Alexbright99
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Announcements / Release dates / Reviews / Ask the author anything (well, almost anything)

Post by Alexbright99 »

Here's a little update for you regarding the new chapter's progress: I've just finished the first draft. Now it's ready for proofreading and editing, which I will start with tomorrow. If all goes well, and let's hope it does, we're looking at an early December release. Stay tuned, good people!
Alexbright99
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Alexbright99 »

And here's another little update:
Three more revisions to go and the new chapter will be ready for release. I wouldn't be be the painfully slow writer I am today without striving for that extra bit of perfection ;)
I can say, however, that it looks very promising and I'm looking forward to sharing this continuation of the Fallen Heroes saga with you next month!
Alexbright99
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Alexbright99 »

Hello there, fine folks!

With the final revision of chapter XI almost done, I have a release date for you all!

Fallen Heroes will continue January 8, 2021.

Not quite the early December release I had in mind, but I'm really pleased with the way the new chapter's turned out. I look forward to sharing it with you!
Alexbright99
Ensign
Ensign

Final two chapters

Post by Alexbright99 »

Good day to you all!

With the Fallen Heroes saga nearly coming to an end, I have made a few decisions regarding its conclusion.

Originally, I intended to end the story with one bigger chapter than usual as a sort of last big hurray; however, this would also mean there'd be a 4 month hiatus between chapter uploads. Bigger chapters also entail more work, of course. So instead, I've decided to split the grand conclusion up in two smaller chapters. In short, this means you can expect the second-to-last chapter to be released 5 to 6 weeks from now, in mid-March.

I will report back once I can set the release date in stone. Take care and talk to you soon!
Alexbright99
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Alexbright99 »

I'm happy to announce I have an official release date for the newest Fallen Heroes chapter for you all.

The penultimate chapter of Fallen Heroes, chapter XII, will be released here on this forum next Friday. So that's March 12, 2021. Save the date and I'll see you then!
Alexbright99
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Alexbright99 »

Hi there, awesome people!

Just a quick little update on the final chapter's writing progress.

Yes, that's right, only one chapter remains of this story that has been with me for many, many years. It's difficult to describe the feelings associated with finally being able to finish this written magnum opus and close off the storylines for characters that have been dear to me and probably will until long after the upcoming conclusion.

From the looks of it, the last chapter will be finished and ready for uploading in mid-June. So it's either going to be released Friday 11th or the 18th next month. I'll let you guys and gals know once I have a fixed date. And now it's back to writing for me. Talk to you soon!
Alexbright99
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Alexbright99 »

With the final chapter almost ready, I have an official publication date for you all:

Friday, June 18th.

Save the date. I can't wait to share Fallen Heroes' exciting final chapter with you. See you then!