Rumours, news and general speculation

Discovery
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Rumours, news and general speculation

Post by Teaos »

What are the chances they are trolling us?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

New Klingon Cruisers?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

At least it looks Klngon.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

sorry, I want to keep on maintaining stupid optimism ...
we could get rid of that damn spore drive in a logical way and I could ALMOST appreciate the series.
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DSG2k »

Those are from the new phone game set in the JJ-verse.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

DSG2k wrote:Those are from the new phone game set in the JJ-verse.
Oh. I suck.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Captain Pike, and Number 1, played by Anson Mount, and Rebecca Romijn, respectively.

https://twitter.com/TrekCore/status/1075092349640835072
Stan - South Park
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Nutso wrote:Captain Pike, and Number 1, played by Anson Mount, and Rebecca Romijn, respectively.

1 ship / 1 uniform probably looked as a good idea to a creative as it help differentiate who is from which ship but it's a pretty stupid idea for any navy.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Nutso wrote:Captain Pike, and Number 1, played by Anson Mount, and Rebecca Romijn, respectively.

She looks lovely as a brunette. That hair puts Majel Barrett's to shame - no small task.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Alex Kurtzman on Why He's Revisiting Section 31
Section 31 played a major role in the Kelvin timeline film Star Trek Into Darkness, which was co-written by Discovery co-creator Alex Kurtzman. During a press roundtable interview, ComicBook.com asked Kurtzman what he finds so compelling about Section 31.

“Well, Starfleet live in a very black-and-white world, they have rules, they have to stick to those rules, you can bend them but you can't break them,” Kurtzman explained. “Section 31 lives entirely in shades of gray. And they do all of the things that Starfleet proper can't do. And that's really interesting, because when you have a character like Georgiou whose conscience is constantly being tested, and her ethics are constantly being tested, she's really in some ways the perfect person to do the dirty work that Starfleet can't do. And, that's an exciting place to explore. It's a little bit gloves off which is what's fun about Section 31.”

While it was always the plan to kill the Prime Timeline’s Georgiou in Discovery’s second episode and bring back star Michelle Yeoh as Georgiou’s Mirror Universe counterpart, Kurtzman says the idea of extending Mirror Georgiou’s role and having her join Section 31 came later.

“It actually evolved halfway through the season,” he said. “The plan from the beginning was to kill her in the second episode, to bring her back in the Mirror Universe. And then, when we were thinking about how we wanted to set up the second season and where we wanted to go, it made a lot of logical sense that she would become part of Section 31.”
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Season 1 vs Season 2
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Oh look. A hairy Klingorc.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Obviously they are still lying instead or recognizing they fucked up the Klingons....
Startrekanmore
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Startrekanmore »

Brutal honesty here: although there is slight improvement (which is actually not saying much seeing how bad season 1 was), STD is all but dead. And frankly it's bad enough to honestly say that the fan backlash is not really against the SJWs, but against the idiotic ideas (spore drive), canon violations, and character assassination (Spock). And neither of the two other ideas (Picard and Section 31) is going to go anywhere.

Evidence: A) c(the)bs GIVING away Season 2 ep 1 FOR FREE on YT, B) The patently false statement that STD was responsible for a 72% jump in c(the)bs-aa subscriptions over that weekend (ahem, excuse me: std debuted on a THURSDAY!) The afore mentioned bump was due to the nfl playoff game.

Seeing std and the jar jar abrams-verse, no doubt the Great Bird is spinning in his grave.