The 32nd century

Discovery
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The 32nd century

Post by Meste17 »

Does anyone have any speculation as to whether or not a certain USS Enterprise would exist or not in the 32nd century that the USS Discovery arrived in?
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The 32nd century

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

As far as I recall it has not been mentioned on the show. I imagine there is a fair chance there is still an Enterprise in service, but nothing canonical to my knowledge.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Meste17 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:31 pm Does anyone have any speculation as to whether or not a certain USS Enterprise would exist or not in the 32nd century that the USS Discovery arrived in?
Definitely. Probably up to Enterprise-S by that point.

Unless they retired the name, or the Enterprise was destroyed and hasn't been replaced yet.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

McAvoy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:31 pm
Meste17 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:31 pm Does anyone have any speculation as to whether or not a certain USS Enterprise would exist or not in the 32nd century that the USS Discovery arrived in?

Unless they retired the name, or the Enterprise was destroyed and hasn't been replaced yet.
I agree. I highly speculate (with my friends Sam and Tindarin) that most likely it is an Enterprise-X, with only 2 more letters until the name is once and for all retired.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Meste17 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:54 pm
McAvoy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:31 pm

I agree. I highly speculate (with my friends Sam and Tindarin) that most likely it is an Enterprise-X, with only 2 more letters until the name is once and for all retired.
Nah. Then it's jumps from Enterprise-Z to Enterprise-AA. Or Enterprise-27.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"