‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ Returning To Planet-Of-The-Week Stories & TOS Optimism, Says Alex Kurtzman

Discovery
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ Returning To Planet-Of-The-Week Stories & TOS Optimism, Says Alex Kurtzman

Post by Nutso »

https://trekmovie.com/2020/08/16/star-t ... -kurtzman/
The executive producer in charge of the Star Trek Universe gave an overview of how Strange New Worlds would have a different style and tone from Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Picard:

"I think Strange New Worlds, under the guidance of Henry Myers and Akiva Goldsman, it’s going to be a return in a way to TOS [Star Trek: The Original Series]. We are going to do stand-alone episodes. There will be emotional serialization. There will be two-parters. There will be larger plot arcs. But it really is back to the model of alien-of-the-week, planet-of-the-week, challenge-on-the-ship-of-the-week. With these characters pre-Kirk’s Enterprise. I think what people responded so much to in all three characters is this kind of relentless optimism that they have. And that they are at the young phase of their careers."
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: ‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ Returning To Planet-Of-The-Week Stories & TOS Optimism, Says Alex Kurtzman

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I am more optimistic for this than I was for either Picard or Lower Decks. I have no interest in ever watching the latter, the first Trek I will never see, but I am hopeful for Strange New Worlds. I'd never heard of Mount before, but loved him as Pike, and look forward to seeing him, Number One, and Spock return.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: ‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ Returning To Planet-Of-The-Week Stories & TOS Optimism, Says Alex Kurtzman

Post by McAvoy »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:28 am I am more optimistic for this than I was for either Picard or Lower Decks. I have no interest in ever watching the latter, the first Trek I will never see, but I am hopeful for Strange New Worlds. I'd never heard of Mount before, but loved him as Pike, and look forward to seeing him, Number One, and Spock return.
I am being optimistic as well. Go back to old school Trek. No more of this galactic threat per season arcs that Picard and Discovery made a Trek thing.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Sounds like a good plan to get back to something more enjoyable for more viewers.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

McAvoy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:08 amI am being optimistic as well. Go back to old school Trek. No more of this galactic threat per season arcs that Picard and Discovery made a Trek thing.
Yes, exactly. That's what I want to see, what Trek is about.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

With what's in lower decks... I'm not optimistic