Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynsk says ‘contact has been made’ with BBC over Doctor Who showrunner job

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynsk says ‘contact has been made’ with BBC over Doctor Who showrunner job

Post by Nutso »

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/do ... ewsupdate/
Last month, Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski threw his hat into the ring to become the new Doctor Who showrunner, tweeting his interest in replacing Chris Chibnall when the latter steps down in 2022.

And now Straczynski has issued an update on the situation, revealing that contact has been made with the BBC about the soon-to-be vacancy for Doctor Who showrunner.

Replying to a fan who asked what the situation was on Twitter, he wrote, “Contact with the BBC has been made. They’re going through their own process, which began before my tweet, and that has to run its course, but if those don’t pan out and there’s a discussion to be had, they will reach out.”

He added, “Very courteous, so we’ll see where their process leads.”
https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/ ... 3655989252
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynsk says ‘contact has been made’ with BBC over Doctor Who showrunner job

Post by IanKennedy »

Hmmm... not sure he's good fit. I don't think he would get the vibe right.
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynsk says ‘contact has been made’ with BBC over Doctor Who showrunner job

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

IanKennedy wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:48 pm Hmmm... not sure he's good fit. I don't think he would get the vibe right.
How so? What is, in your view, the Doctor Who vibe?
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mostly none serious, often tongue in cheek. Sure it can get serious when it needs to but mostly it’s lighter. JMS can do humour but routinely I’m not so sure. He likes grand arcs which is a pretty new thing for Who.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Having just finished Lucifer the final season, I wonder of if the Dr Who folks have approached Tom Ellis as a possible replacement Who?
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

IanKennedy wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:22 am Mostly none serious, often tongue in cheek. Sure it can get serious when it needs to but mostly it’s lighter. JMS can do humour but routinely I’m not so sure. He likes grand arcs which is a pretty new thing for Who.
Ah, all right. Yeah, I can see your point, there.