How Technobably Advanced?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:26 am

A) On Par with ENT level
No votes
B) Delta Quadrant Medium
44%
C) Alpha - Beta Quadrant Mediums
44%
D) Within a few hundred years more advanced than Federation.
6%
E) Voth level technology
No votes
F) Fantastically advanced technologies.
No votes
G) Q level.
6%
H) Modern Earth
No votes
I) Pre-atomic.
No votes

Total votes: 18
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: DITL Species 9- Technology Level

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I went with B, put them a little while behind the Feds technologicly, but still an important industrial and political power in the region.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Hell, a single world with 10 IQ spread between them would do better then the UFP on and industrial scale. Not just for any single region of space but for a whole quadrant.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I'm moving my vote to AQ-BQ. I really don't want to see the new race behind everyone else in the region in technology.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Deep, the question is what tech level they're at. Not what type of tech they have. You can go for UFP-par and still have them highly competant.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I want them to have worse than average tech, it means they have to try harder and be smarter with it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:Deep, the question is what tech level they're at. Not what type of tech they have. You can go for UFP-par and still have them highly competant.
Or you can have them be Voth level technology and have them be horribly incompetent :P
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Monroe wrote:Or you can have them be Voth level technology and have them be horribly incompetent :P
Personally, I'm tired of seeing incompetents. A lower tech race that has to squeeze out every bit of effectiveness from its technology to make itself equal to the other races is interesting. The Cardassians started out as this.

I voted for lower technology to make a race that will do its best to trade or conquer for advanced technology secrets. Espionage will be difficult, as the drones that are sent out will likely not have the necessary intelligence to perform proper espionage. Now if they can conquer another race, and use them for espionage, that would be interesting.

That would make them an interesting threat, where they use client races for their purposes, and even have a client race commanding their ships (with a pheromone band so the drones don't attack the 'intruder'). The protagonists have to peel back the layers, until they finally realize the sessile fungal growths are the governing intelligences.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I tend to agree, though I'm not sure about servant/client caste races. I think I'd rather see some advancement and expansion from the baseline before that point. I do like the idea of a race that isn't the most advanced but has the motivation to make the most of their capabilities.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

The option for drones didn't win out in the poll. We have extremely long lived hive people who reproduce once every 20-30 years. Don't ask ;)

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Who picked Q level? :?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Monroe wrote:The option for drones didn't win out in the poll. We have extremely long lived hive people who reproduce once every 20-30 years. Don't ask ;)
When did someone say every 20-30 years??? I thought they just had a slow rate so they just wont turn out a hundred kids per.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Rochey wrote:Who picked Q level? :?
A wank.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

[...] a hundred kids per.
A wank.
Are you having a problem finishing off your posts today? :P
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Nope. Check out TNG. No problem running things out. It's just those didn't need anything more said.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ah, we're reading the cliff-notes version of Deep's posts. Got it. :wink: