Star Wars Episode IX – Teaser (Spoilers)

Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars Episode IX – Teaser (Spoilers)

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So the rumour currently circulating is that Episode 9 is going to involve time travel. Which... really doesn't seem like a Star Wars kind of thing to me.

One guy is suggesting that Rey is going to go back in time and become Annakin's slave mother.

I've heard a lot of different rumours about 9, so take it with a moon-sized pinch of salt.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

I kinda can see the resemblence for Shmi to be an old Rey, but otherwise... yeahno, this is a definite 'HELL NO'.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Was chatting with T'Pau earlier about absurd things they could do in Ep 9.

My suggestion? Bring back Han Solo! As it turns out, when he fell off that bridge he was saved from death because he happened to fall into a lead-lined refrigerator which protected him!

Also, have EVERY character reborn from the force at the end of the movie. The last ten minutes is a scene where every force ghost becomes a corporeal person, all together in a big room. Annakin Skywalker is there, played by Hadyn Christianson. But James Earl Jones is standing behind him, and every time Annakin opens his mouth to talk, Jones says his lines. Qui Gon goes around telling everyone they'd better not mess with him, because he has a very unique set of Jedi skills which make him a nightmare to some people. Obi Wan goes around telling everyone he's back because "I told you I'd choose life!"
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:So the rumour currently circulating is that Episode 9 is going to involve time travel. Which... really doesn't seem like a Star Wars kind of thing to me.

One guy is suggesting that Rey is going to go back in time and become Annakin's slave mother.

I've heard a lot of different rumours about 9, so take it with a moon-sized pinch of salt.
I think RedLetterMedia's Richie Evans and Mike Stoklasa did an episode where they talk about what they think is going to happen. They also believe it will be time travel because a frequently collaborator of their's, Colin from Canada, who built a really, really detailed scaled replica of the Millennium Falcon, informed them that the Falcon's satellite dish in the trailer had a round shape, like the original.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Nutso wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:So the rumour currently circulating is that Episode 9 is going to involve time travel. Which... really doesn't seem like a Star Wars kind of thing to me.

I think RedLetterMedia's Richie Evans and Mike Stoklasa did an episode where they talk about what they think is going to happen. They also believe it will be time travel because a frequently collaborator of their's, Colin from Canada, who built a really, really detailed scaled replica of the Millennium Falcon, informed them that the Falcon's satellite dish in the trailer had a round shape, like the original.
Yeah. I half think that the whole rumour just span off from their musings/wild ass guesses, but there's a lot of people saying it so maybe it's a legitimate rumour. Which even then, doesn't mean that it's actually in the film.

But there's a quote going around from JJ that he had some sort of wild idea that he wasn't sure about and then said "Fuck it, I'm doing it anyway". Could imply that something like time travel is in there.

And hey, they did it in Endgame, so who knows?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

At this point I am putting it down as a blown up rumor, just cause it sounds fucking stupid... that will surely stop them?

My money is on some sort of force ghost.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Teaos wrote:At this point I am putting it down as a blown up rumor, just cause it sounds fucking stupid... that will surely stop them?

My money is on some sort of force ghost.
Like Rey will have some sort of Force vision of the past, involving the Falcon? That would be more acceptable than time travel exists in Star Wars.
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Reading more I like the theory that its just a holocron. Basically some or all of the first order is Palpatines petty revenge, he left orders or Holocrons to revenge himself.

Although that doesnt quiet work, as a big part of his persona, is he never planned to die, and thus never planned for it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Teaos wrote: ...Although that doesnt quiet work, as a big part of his persona, is he never planned to die, and thus never planned for it.
Not anymore. In the new canon he deliberately rigged the Empire to completely collapse after his death, as part of some larger scorched earth sort of thing that included Naboo being glassed from orbit.
Actually, thinking about it, that leans me into the First Order as a tool of vengeance thing. Something to come after the Empire was gone.
Bite my shiny metal ass
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

No. The Last Jedi is shit. The above things stated is small potatoes.

But here is the thing, imagine if The Last Jedi showed the Knights of Ren overthrowing Snoke and his red guards? Ren becomes Darth Ren and formidable Knights of Ren now control the Order. It would make Ren much more of a credible threat to Rey and the Rebels.

Ren right now is just a emo boy who wants to be Darth Vader. I mean hell he throws temper tantrums.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Ren was beaten by Rey in the first movie... and then again in the second. It's kind of ridiculous to make him the main bad guy when the good guy has already whupped him twice.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Ren was beaten by Rey in the first movie... and then again in the second. It's kind of ridiculous to make him the main bad guy when the good guy has already whupped him twice.
Exactly. The second movie just made it worse with killing Snoke and no real rival or threat to Ren within the Order itself.

Which is probably why they are bringing in Palpatine to make something credible.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Here's the video that may have caused or contributed to the time travel rumour, in case people are interested. Note, these are less genuine predictions and more 'how ridiculous might it get' humour.

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I think the worse thing they have done is not make a trilogy Bible for the sequel trilogy. Make rules and have a clear road of where each character is going, where it will all end.

Not make it up along and have one director just destroy what the previous movie set up just to show that anything goes.

Maybe not have a clear defined plot for each movie but at least have an idea of where the trilogy is supposed to go.

What we really have is, nothing. We don't really know exactly how Rise of Skywalker is up posed to tie the previous movies together or how it will fix some of the issues. Such as Ren being a whiny Darth Vader wannabe. Or Rey being a clear cut Mary Sue or how they will treat Leia or even Luke for that matter.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

John Campea on Twitter revealed a spoiler regarding Rey.
This is an image of his tweet. John Campea is an internet personality who does reviews and interviews.
Stan - South Park